!!YMMV tropes in the films:
* AdaptationDisplacement: There's a book. That's right, there is a book called ''Carnosaur''.
** And its author loves the movies, but in a SoBadItsGood sort of way.
** The book even predates ''Literature/JurassicPark''.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Polcheck in ''Carnosaur 3''.
* FirstInstallmentWins: Generally in fan circles only the first two movies are seen as having merit.
* HamAndCheese: Cyril O'Reilly and Creator/TonyTodd in ''3'' and ''Eden Formula'', respectively.
* HellIsThatNoise: The eerie call that the raptors make is enough to send shivers down your spine.
* IdiotPlot: ''Carnosaur 3''. Full stop.
** In the the first film and novel a Deinonychus gets into and kills two teenagers in a van. Unlike in the novel however, where the creature is fully grown, the animal in the film starts as a baby and grows up throughout it. The attack occurs when it is still a juvenile, so the resulting scene is a critter the size of a schnauzer killing two people.
** Aside from the bad special effects in general, a character in ''Carnosaur 2'' attempts to box with a velociraptor. Really.
** The rather obvious ProductPlacement for Coca-Cola in the first movie's boardroom scenes.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: In the raptors' case, you can immediately tell they are "men-in-rubber-suits". In the T-rex's case, it often appears to be stop-motion animation of someone playing with a T-rex toy. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJrHq20l-A Even though it isn't]][[note]]it's actually two animatronic models with [[OffModel slightly different scale patterns]][[/note]].
** The Deinonychus effects in the first film were done with a mix of antimatronics and a hand puppet of all things. It looks less like a dinosaur attacking people and more like [[Franchise/TheMuppets Kermit the Frog]] going on a homicidal rampage.
** The HellishCopter in ''2'' is obviously a plastic figure.
** The T. rex in the Eden Formula, when it's not stock footage from ''Carnosaur'' 1 and ''2'', is rendered in CGI so terrible it makes the original Carnosaur look like Jurassic Park by comparison.
** Also from ''The Eden Formula'', one scene has a villain hotwire a car and drive off with it. The scene of him driving is stock footage and the car in question suddenly has two passengers!
*** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0_AylAfq_s Leaping T-Rex]]. No more need be said.
* SpiritualSuccessor: Film/DinoCroc , a Roger Corman production in which a large PrehistoricMonster is brought back by mad science that wreaks havoc on the general populace.
* TheyJustDidntCare: in regards to actually adapting the novel, they obviously didn't. Besides the premise of reviving dinosaurs by modifying chicken cells, the only thing the movie has in common with the novel is the first name of a major villain.
!!YMMV Tropes for the book:
* GeniusBonus: The novel discusses atavistic fear a few times. The conceit being that because primitive mammals learned to stay away from giant reptiles, the smells and sounds they make reawaken survival instincts in humans. Similar theories are put forth in RealLife about why nails on a chalk board or sirens causes unease (i.e. that they sound like the calls of predators that hunted our ancestors while they were still small.)
* JerkassWoobie: You eventually get to feeling sorry for Jane Penward, despite her many character flaws.
* OlderThanTheyThink: This book had some key elements that ''Film/JurassicPark'' would later bring to the public conciousness several years before it came out. Namely, dinosaurs are portrayed as bird-like, quick, and intelligent instead of lumbering cold blooded brutes.