* AccidentalInnuendo: Used to provide the page illustration with [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2008/05/this-made-me-laugh-til-i-cried.html the infamous fireman cake]] (by way of Webcomic/BasicInstructions).
** [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2011/07/big-bangs.html Others]] [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/10/its-not-what-you-think.html come]] [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/06/nothing-to-see-here.html to]] [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/01/funny-business.html mind]].
** [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/06/we-learned-good.html May yr drms cum tru Grad '10]]
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Many, particularly the fireman cake.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2009/04/sunday-sweets-james-sweet-safari.html Baby James' Sweet Safari]].
** "[[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2011/8/25/water-works.html Water Works]]". A charity drive on the site has created wells and plumbing in African villages where they were sorely needed.
** A man has the sweet idea of proposing to his fiancée with a cake, and not even some fool icing [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2009/5/26/an-indecent-proposal.html?currentPage=2#comments "Many this dork"]] on it will spoil the moment. Scroll down to find Mark's comment; [[spoiler:she said yes, and on their honeymoon he bought her a cake which intentionally read "Thanks for manying this dork"]].
* IAmNotShazam: [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/home/2009/4/28/happy-day-earth.html The "Earth Day" post]] received a number of comments pointing out that the cake she'd "mis-identified" as a "Spaceship Earth" cake (the "big fuzzy golf ball") was supposed to be Disneyland's EPCOT. As Jen would point out in an update, EPCOT is the name of the park, while the ball is, in fact, named "Spaceship Earth".
* MemeticMutation: [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2008/10/sorry-you-cant-have-any.html I Want Sprinkles]].
** [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2009/05/happy-falker-satherhood.html Happy Falker Satherhood]].
** [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/home/2008/5/31/when-brides-have-no-budget-or-taste.html This life-sized realistic cake of a bride]] has been making the rounds on news sites and even in forwarded e-mails.
** [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2009/07/well-im-stumped.html This]] cake that's supposed to be a tree stump. It instead looks like something that came out of a clogged toilet.
--->"This is a ''wedding cake,'' people. A ''wedding cake.'' For somebody's ''wedding.'' Which people were expected to ''eat.'' With their ''mouths."''
** Cakes that feature disembodied organs, [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/9/25/perfectly-punctual.html especially intestines]].
* NightmareFuel: [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/05/baby-cake-gets-cut-down-to-size.html This cake]], once you see it being cut up.
** Not a cake, but...[[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/10/well-thats-horrifying.html this]]...abomination will likely be visiting your dreams tonight.
** There was an entire page ''devoted'' to nightmarish cakes (Jen [[OneOfUs even uses the term "nightmare fuel"]]). [[http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/2010/11/sweet-dreams.html View at your own peril.]]
** What the heck is [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2011/2/17/twins-night-out.html this?]] Music/EvelynEvelyn in cake form?
** [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2011/11/1/you-remind-me-of-the-babe.html This]] baby cake. Even worse is where the first cut was made.
* SoBadItsGood: Presumably the motivation behind fans who recreate famous wrecks.
** Unintentionally faecal-looking cakes.
** Cakes that look like realistic babies.
** Cakes that feature pregnancy and graphic childbirth, ''especially'' if you're a tocophobe.
* UncannyValley: Many of the cakes that are supposed to look like living things end up falling into this.
* WhatAnIdiot: Some of the bakers.
** [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2009/3/2/nah-these-wont-traumatize-the-kids-at-all.html "Nah, these won't traumatize the kids at all."]]
** [[http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/10/2/well-my-childhood-is-ruined.html Mickey! What are you doing there?!]]