The PlotDevice may be [[Webcomic/BrokenPlotDevice broken]], but the wiki isn't. Put those YMMV tropes here.
* AwesomeArt: Liz Borrus's drawing skills, while always good, gradually improved over the corse of the strip, especially when she switched from black-and-white lines to greyscale, leading to a lot of this.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Notice how many tropes are about Zig or his [[WorthyOpponent Worthy]] [[SarcasmMode Opponent]], Dr. Washe? Yeah.
* HollywoodPudgy: Sunny is described by the other characters as being "chubby" and "shaped like a football." While she may be a bit heavy for her (below-average) height, it's all in her bust and hips. She's also quite muscular.
* NightmareFuel: Sid's UnstoppableRage as he beats Liz's mugger within an inch of his life, with the guy begging him to stop as the panels focus in on Sid's [[WideEyesAndShrunkenIrises ever-shrinking irises]]. Granted, [[AssholeVictim the guy deserved it]].
** Liz's nightmare involving her stuffed bunny.
* ValuesDissonance: Zig was in a TransparentCloset, but nobody bothered to tell him because they thought it was cute.
* CargoShip: [[http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/2008/11/10/creative-activities-part-2/ Bamboo and ninjas]].
* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: Thoroughly deconstructed. To quote Max: [[http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/2010/11/05/it-does-feel-a-bit-drafty-in-here/ "The king...is naked."]]