* AnticlimaxBoss: Chetyre in ''Dragon Quarter''. One wonders if the real FinalBoss was actually [[spoiler:Dragon-[[HalfHumanHybrid hybrid]] Bosch]] before it. Really, you can't actually lose against Chetyre, unless you don't realize [[spoiler: you're supposed to push your D-ratio to 100%.]]
* BrokenBase: Reactions ranged from ecstatic to [[TheyChangedItNowItSucks furious]], especially outside of Japan--where its detractors have accused it of being a FranchiseKiller, despite the game being the top-selling game in its first week of release. (The fanbase isn't nearly as broken in Japan, for whatever reason.)
** Capcom seems to (at least since 2007) semi-officially consider ''Dragon Quarter'' its OldShame as far as the franchise goes--no promotional material has come out since a few months after its release in Japan; it is the sole game in the franchise never to have had derivative works licensed such as manga or drama albums; it is the sole game never to have had a port from its original system (''III'' did have a NoExportForYou PSP re-release and ''IV'' did have a Windows port); and all new promotional material for the franchise as a whole (save a re-release of the ''BreathOfFire Complete Works'' artbook) has been for ''BreathOfFireIV''. This treatment likely is due to the ''badly'' BrokenBase outside of Japan.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEy-VAk4Ww&fmt=18 Electric Power Building]], a song with an amazing soundscape.
** It's a Sakimoto soundtrack, so of course it'll be like that. It's the only thing everyone agrees about this game: The soundtrack is fantastic.
* FauxSymbolism: Most of the symbolism is from the Kabbalah, including a mockup of the sephirot in its official art with [[http://www.dragon-tear.net/forum/printthread.php?t=7402&page=2&pp=15 appropriate placements]]. Elyon's own name also fits in this imagery set. There's also extensive Christian imagery with several of the regents' names, the name of the org Trinity as well as some other [[http://www.dragon-tear.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7402&page=2 hidden references]].
* NightmareFuel: Pushing D-Counter to 100% causes this.