* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Too many to count!
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The way Kitten imagines [[RapeAsComedy her conception]].
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: John Joe launching a vicious attack on his work colleague while dressed as a ''Womble''. The director noted that even American audiences, who had no idea what "The Wombles" were, tended to find this scene hilarious.
** Father Liam [[spoiler: finally admitting that he is Kitten's biological father and trying to make amends for his abandonment. Also, the reveal that he and Kitten's mother did love one another but due to circumstances beyond their control [[StarCrossedLovers they couldn't be together]]]].
** At the end: [[spoiler:Kitten [[EarnYourHappyEnding making a happy life for herself]] with Charlie and her son.]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The whole film has an amazing, often rather pep and easy-going soundtrack that often contrasts seemingly quite inappropriately with its general theme of angst. Surprisingly, it works with the very weird, uneven mood of the film.
* EarWorm: Every freaking song on the soundtrack. Seriously.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Creator/RuthNegga, who plays Kitten's childhood friend [[TomboyishName Charlie]].
** [[spoiler: Lawrence's]] death.
** When Kitten [[ImagineSpot fantasizes about being a spy]], and then imagines magically un-exploding the bomb, and we see that in her mind she was dancing with her childhood love. And at the thought of it all...
** Kitten [[spoiler: finally tracking down her real mother, but being unable to reveal herself.]]
* TheWoobie: Kitten.