* AwardSnub: The film went relatively unnoticed outside of commendations for Creator/BurtReynolds (ironic, given how much Burt disliked working on the film), Creator/Julianne Moore, and the Screenplay. Many now cite Moore's loss for Best Supporting Actress as an unfortunate Academy decision.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Several, but Rahad Jackson getting high to "Sister Christian" and "Jesse's Girl" is by far the best.
* BestKnownForTheFanservice: Even amongst the copious nudity in the movie, Creator/HeatherGraham's nude scene and Creator/MarkWahlberg's fake wang stand out. Both induced a lot of sucking noises in theatres.
* EarWorm: "You Got the Touch". Unfortunately.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Reed Rothchild, who's basically [[TimAndEricAwesomeShowGreatJob Dr. Steve]] [[CheckItOutWithDrSteveBrule Brule]] if he worked in the porn industry.
* [[HeyItsThatSound Hey, It's That Song!]]: Dirk Diggler, getting his singing career going, sings "The Touch". [[WesternAnimation/TransformersTheMovie Yes, THAT "The Touch".]]
** Thomas Jane running around with a gun, blasting everything in sight. [[Film/ThePunisher2004 Sound familiar?]]
*** And then getting blown away by Doc Ock.
** The above-mentioned song performed by Creator/MarkWahlberg, now that he's [[Film/TransformersAgeOfExtinction the human lead in a Transformers film]].
* JerkassWoobie: All the main characters spend a little time being this, but Little Bill is probably the prime example. It helps that he's played by Creator/WilliamHMacy.
** Eventually, Little Bill becomes WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds.
** For that matter, the dude who got badly beaten up and killed by Rollergirl.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/AlfredMolina as Rahad Jackson, though [[WordOfGod Anderson said]] [[WhatCouldHaveBeen he intended for the part to be larger]].
* PainfulRhyme: Reed's poetry. Also counts as StylisticSuck.
-->''"I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me."''
* ValuesDissonance: This being the 1970s Los Angeles porn scene, attitudes towards sex and gender are in several ways quite different to the modern standard.
* TheWoobie: Scotty J