* AwardSnub: The film went relatively unnoticed outside of commendations for Burt Reynolds (ironic, given how much Burt disliked working on the film), Julianne Moore, and the Screenplay. Many now cite Moore's loss for Best Supporting Actress as an unfortunate Academy decision.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Several, but Rahad Jackson getting high to "Sister Christian" and "Jesse's Girl" is by far the best.
* BestKnownForTheFanservice: Even amongst the copious nudity in the movie, Creator/HeatherGraham's nude scene and Mark Walhberg's fake wang stand out. Both induced a lot of sucking noises in theatres.
* EarWorm: "You Got the Touch". Unfortunately.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Reed Rothchild, who's basically [[TimAndEricAwesomeShowGreatJob Dr. Steve]] [[CheckItOutWithDrSteveBrule Brule]] if he worked in the porn industry.
* [[HeyItsThatSound Hey, It's That Song!]]: Dirk Diggler, getting his singing career going, sings "The Touch". [[WesternAnimation/TransformersTheMovie Yes, THAT "The Touch".]]
** Thomas Jane running around with a gun, blasting everything in sight. [[Film/ThePunisher2004 Sound familiar?]]
*** And then getting blown away by Doc Ock.
** The above-mentioned song performed by Mark Wahlberg, now that he's [[Film/TransformersAgeOfExtinction the human lead in a Transformers film]].
* JerkassWoobie: All the main characters spend a little time being this, but Little Bill is probably the prime example. It helps that he's played by William H. Macy.
** Eventually, Little Bill becomes WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds.
** For that matter, the dude who got badly beaten up and killed by Rollergirl.
* OneSceneWonder: Alfred Molina as Rahad Jackson, though [[WordOfGod Anderson said]] [[WhatCouldHaveBeen he intended for the part to be larger]].
* PainfulRhyme: Reed's poetry. Also counts as StylisticSuck.
-->''"I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me."''
* ValuesDissonance: This being the 1970s Los Angeles porn scene, attitudes towards sex and gender are in several ways quite different to the modern standard.
* TheWoobie: Scotty J