* BreatherLevel: The first level of area four of ''Super Bonk'' is just Bonk drifting around in space looking for the Hatchet's base. The only thing that can hurt him is this level is the sun (which you would have to let Bonk drop to the bottom of the screen for it to hurt him), and there are a few health upgrades strewn about.
** All of Super Bonk is easier compared to the previous games.
* ContestedSequel - While fans differ on which Bonk game is considered the best, most considered Bonk 3 the weakest entry in the TurboGrafx series.
** Both Super Bonk games are also considered to be weaker in comparison to previous titles.
* FridgeLogic - How did King Drool create a time machine considering the time period in which the series takes place?
* FridgeBrilliance - In addition to sounding like PC-Engine, PC-Genjin translates into "PC Barbarian", fitting considering the title character.
* GoddamnedBats: The piranhas will latch on to you and slowly drain your health until you shake them off. Also, any enemy that can swallow you whole, forcing you to play through a small level every time just to get out.
* HarsherInHindsight - The teaser for ''Brink of Extinction'' showed Bonk trying to create fire, only for a meteor to obliterate Bonk (and the Earth as well). Now it seems to sum up what ultimately became of the game. See WhatCouldHaveBeen on the Trivia page.
* HilariousInHindsight - Just try to mention the name of this series without someone bringing up VideoGame/TeamFortress2.
** One of the Scout's trademark lines is "I'm gonna headbutt ya! I'm gonna headbutt ya!" Guess what Bonk's main form of attack is.
* NightmareFuel - In the last level of ''Bonk's Revenge'', there are dinosaur corpses hanging on hooks. If Bonk walks near them, they fall to the ground and their ghosts come out and attack Bonk.
** King Drool's appearance in the first game qualifies as well, sue to being so massive in comparison to later installments.
* ThatOneBoss - That ballerina boss in area 3 of ''Bonk's Revenge''.