* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[spoiler: Tremor's ending, where he fixes the world]]
* CrossesTheLineTwice: In case you didn't figure it out by reading the main page, you can fight each other ''as torsos.'' As in, ''sliding around on your exposed guts.'' You can even Sunder someone and ''also'' cut off their arms, leaving them a mostly-helpless stump[[note]]Although difficult, you can still win the match as a stump if you have eyebeams and/or shoulder-mounted weapons, granting you a "Limbless Victory"[[/note]]. Not to mention the rest of the ludicrously ridiculous gore.
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: If you make the mistake of trying to care about the story, you'll find that it's kind of hard to do so when - other than Tremor, and to a lesser extent Razor - every single character is either an unrepentant, unlikable dick, or corrupted into one by the absolute power of victory.
* PlayTheGameSkipTheStory: Comes from an era of video gaming when every fighting game developer was trying to out-''MortalKombat'' Midway by giving their games tons of expository backstory and book-length character motivations. Of course, the only thing dumb kids cared about was seeing Freon get impaled on spikes or watching Tempest's boobs shake when she got dizzied.
* SNKBoss: Nekron is bigger than you, faster than you, has a much larger reach than you, and is completely unrelenting. And if you win a round against him, he'll have a gauntlet that can shoot projectiles the next that he'll spam like there's no tomorrow.
* SoBadItsGood: The gameplay is far from polished, the graphics are all over the place, the character designs are cartoony and Liefeldian, but it's just ''so'' entertaining regardless.