* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: The old man who leads the main characters to the hidden Bloodsport arena in Kowloon excitedly gives the thumbs-up and says, "Ok, USA!". This is supposed to be an example of pro-Americanism but considering the guy is leading the Americans into an arena where they could be beaten to death in front of a roaring crowd... perhaps not so much.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Many songs from the soundtrack, but the crowning one has to be Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive".
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Paco the Muay Thai fighter is the one fighter asides from Dux, Jackson, and Chong Li to be shown with a personality, a cocky, aggressive, somewhat dirty fighter who's also shown dominating in his fights, making it all the way to the semis to eventually face Dux.
* HilariousInHindsight: Some fans actually consider ''Bloodsport'' closer to a faithful live-action adaptation of ''VideoGame/StreetFighter''. Whereas the actual ''Film/StreetFighter'' film, which came years later, was so campy and poorly scripted that [[InNameOnly no one took it seriously.]]
* HoYay: Frank and Jackson appear to have more of a romantic chemistry than Frank and Janice.
* MoralEventHorizon: If curbstomping Jackson wasn't bad enough, Chong Li kills his semi-final opponent as a threat to Dux.
** Even if you were willing to let that pass, the fact that Li was willing to cheat by blinding Frank, rather than face him Man to Man was pretty disgusting.
*** A dose of FridgeHorror when you start to wonder, how often Chong Li would cheat to win a match that wasn't going in his favor?
* NarmCharm: Incredibly silly but fun.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Yes, that is future Oscar winner Creator/ForestWhitaker as one of the agents trying to capture Frank.
* SocietyMarchesOn: At the time the movie was filmed, the idea of martial arts tournaments of various styles beating each other up for rich audiences sounded completely insane if you weren't talking about VideoGame/StreetFighter. Nowadays, the MMA and UFC have pretty much made it a popular public, if not professional, sport.
* TearJerker: When Chong Li blinds Dux. The powder alone looks painful enough, but when Dux realizes he is blind and let's out an agonizing scream, it sounds genuinely heartwrenching. [[spoiler: He does win the fight and get his sight back, but it's still pretty sad.]]