* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: The old man who leads the main characters to the hidden Bloodsport arena in Kowloon excitedly gives the thumbs-up and says, "Ok, USA!". This is supposed to be an example of pro-Americanism but considering the guy is leading the Americans into an arena where they could be beaten to death in front of a roaring crowd... perhaps not so much.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Many songs from the soundtrack, but the crowning one has to be Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive".
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Paco the Muay Thai fighter is the one fighter asides from Dux, Jackson, and Chong Li to be shown with a personality, a cocky, aggressive, somewhat dirty fighter who's also shown dominating in his fights, making it all the way to the semis to eventually face Dux.
* HilariousInHindsight: Some fans actually consider ''Bloodsport'' closer to a faithful live-action adaptation of ''VideoGame/StreetFighter''. Whereas the actual ''Film/StreetFighter'' film, which came years later, was so campy and poorly scripted that [[InNameOnly no one took it seriously.]]
* MoralEventHorizon: If curbstomping Jackson wasn't bad enough, Chong Li kills his semi-final opponent as a threat to Dux.
** Even if you were willing to let that pass, the fact that Li was willing to cheat by blinding Frank, rather than face him Man to Man was pretty disgusting.
* TearJerker: When Chong Li blinds Dux. The powder alone looks painful enough, but when Dux realizes he is blind and let's out an agonizing scream, it sounds genuinely heartwrenching. [[spoiler: He does win the fight and get his sight back, but it's still pretty sad.]]