* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: ''Everyone in the story'' is an asshole, and the entire plot is set up in such a way that you can see well before the end how this will end badly. At least ''Twilight'' ended well for its protagonists!
* FridgeLogic: Werewolves and humans can't interbreed. Werewolves tend to kill each other over mates. Why are there still werewolves?
* MarySue: ''Is it possible to be ''too'' good-looking?'' our heroine wonders within the first few pages of the book.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Just one of the feature film's problems, the werewolf transformations have the characters leap in the air, start to glow like Christmas trees before dropping down on the ground as normal wolves.
* UnfortunateImplications: [[spoiler:The ending preaches that you should stay with your own race.]]
** Not quite. The reason Vivian doesn't end up with Aiden is because he can't accept that she's just as much 'wolf' as she is 'human', and he tries to cure her with a silver bullet! She isn't rejecting him because she's racist, but because he is horrified by a major aspect of herself and refuses to accept her as she is.