[[folder: Newspaper Comic ]]
* MemeticMutation: "Don't touch that dial!" originated as a CatchPhrase that CBS announcer Hanley Stafford used to open the ''Blondie'' radio show each week.
* ProtagonistTitleFallacy: While the strip is ''named'' "Blondie", Dagwood is more often than not the centric character in a strip.
* SnarkBait: Like many "legacy" strips, ''Blondie'' is frequently targeted as this by TheComicsCurmudgeon and the like.
* UncannyValley - Blondie and Cookie ''never'' change facial expressions.
[[folder: Band ]]
* CoveredUp: "Hanging on the Telephone" is a cover of a song by The Nerves, who were an obscure band. It had already appeared on their first EP. They were friends with the song's writer, Jack Lee, who agreed that Blondie should cover it. He also gave his song "Will Anything Happen?" to them.
** The fact that "The Tide Is High" (originally by The Paragons) and "Denis" (originally by Randy & The Rainbows) are covers was little known by their fans at the time they were released, so had this effect. Since that time, the original tracks have become better known, but those by Blondie receive far more airplay.
* FaceOfTheBand: Deborah Harry.
* IAmNotShazam: Blondie is the name of the band, not a ''nom de plume'' for Harry herself.
** According to the documentary "One Way or Another", they took the name from what truckers shouted at Debbie after she bleached her hair blonde.