* AuthorsSavingThrow: The ''[[VideoGame/MassEffect3 Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut]]'' DLC which was released for free by [=BioWare=] in response to fan outcry over the endings. The DLC expanded upon [[spoiler: the three endings of Control, Synthesis and Destroy]] making them more distinct and attempted to address several plot holes that had perplexed fans.
* BaseBreaker: The first sparks were ignited when ''Mass Effect 2'' was toned down in terms of RPG-elements. After ''Dragon Age 2'' however, the shitstorm started. ''The Old Republic'' and ''Mass Effect 3'' (especially the ending) didn't help much. Today Bioware is still one of the most successful game companies, but their reputation is significantly damaged and the fandom divided.
* InternetBackdraft: The ending of ''VideoGame/MassEffect3'' sparked what is undoubtedly one of the largest internet backlashes in videogame history. The scale of the InternetCounterattack through online campaigns involving charity runs, letters and even cupcakes was truly unprecedented.
* LGBTFanbase: Um..yes. They are cheerfully aware of it. See CrowningMomentOfAwesome for more details.
* MemeticMutation: They often end up referencing memes about their own games in later installments of that series or as MythologyGags in others
* PeripheryDemographic: They are ''very'' aware that a significant percentage of their audience is neither male or heterosexual. Culminated in a CrowningMomentOfAwesome where David Gaider [[http://gaygamer.net/2011/03/discussion_biowares_david_gaid.html scolded a young, straight, male gamer]] who was disgusted by the ''very idea'' of a GayOption in ''VideoGame/DragonAgeOrigins'' by reminding him that not everyone who plays games is young, straight or male.