* AdaptationDisplacement: Everybody knows about the movie, few have read, or even heard about the book.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: '''Music/MiklosRozsa''' for the win. '''Big''' Fucking Movie gets '''Big''' Fucking [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqlY8_4T90 Score.]]
* EndingFatigue: You'd think the story would end with Judah winning the chariot race.
** There seemes to be a little something between Messala and his henchman Drusus. Watch Drusus when Messala gets trampled in the race.
** As impossible as it may seem, an AnimatedAdaptation that was made between the two Heston films took it a step further by Messala at one point referring to Drusus as "My Drusus."
** The guys in the bathhouse when Ilderim arrives to make book on the upcoming race.
* TearJerker: Many, though the scene where Judah learns the true fate of his mother and sister is probably the strongest.
* SugarWiki/VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Even today the sea battle sequence is spectacular (even if the bright blue water breaks suspension of disbelief somewhat), to say nothing of the chariot race.