* AdaptationDisplacement: Everybody knows about the movie, few have read, or even heard about the book.
** True for modern audiences and readers. Although to be fair, it is the best-selling novel of the nineteenth century, and it was second only to the Bible as the best-selling book in America until Gone With the Wind was published over fifty years later.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: '''Music/MiklosRozsa''' for the win. '''Big''' Fucking Movie gets '''Big''' Fucking [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqlY8_4T90 Score.]]
* EndingFatigue: You'd think the story would end with Judah winning the chariot race.
** It was never about the race. [[FridgeBrilliance The movie is about letting go of the hate.]]
** There seemes to be a little something between Messala and his henchman Drusus. Watch Drusus when Messala gets trampled in the race.
** As impossible as it may seem, an AnimatedAdaptation that was made between the two Heston films took it a step further by Messala at one point referring to Drusus as "My Drusus."
** The guys in the bathhouse when Ilderim arrives to make book on the upcoming race.
* TearJerker: Many, though the scene where Judah learns the true fate of his mother and sister is probably the strongest.
** From the remake: Judah's breakdown just as Jesus dies. He collapses into Esther's arms sobbing "I lost my brother."
* SugarWiki/VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Even today the sea battle sequence is spectacular (even if the bright blue water breaks suspension of disbelief somewhat), to say nothing of the chariot race.