* BreatherLevel: Black Gold in the first game.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: The design of Operation Nautilus in the sequel, in addition to player-induced ones, such as [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXyCte9XAA&fmt=18 this]], which gets a Perfect S-Rank without the provided Battlestation on a potential ThatOneLevel.
** How about Siege of the Vladstag, the final mission of the first game? It's the final assault, the weakened forces of the Western Frontier, especially after fending off the Iron Legion, deep within enemy territory and far from home, plus a large squad of Tundran Grunts and several Gunships, all against the defenders of the heavily fortified Vladstag, supreme HQ of the Xylvanian army. It amounts to your units killing everything in your way while the Gunships destroy everything from above, all the while Bombers threaten to blow you to smithereens, and along the mission, you have to breach all three of the large stone walls preventing you from accessing the Vladstag. And just when you finally reach the Vladstag... not one, but '''''TWO''''' '''Battlestations''' are waiting for you, while two AA Vehicles threaten to eliminate your air support. The resulting frenzy of bullets and mayhem is truly epic... [[BoringButPractical Unless you cheese it by using a sole Mortar Vet or]] [[GameBreaker Anti-Air Vet]] [[BoringButPractical to kill those 4 units.]]
* DemonicSpiders: Pillboxes in the first game, Fighters and Strato Destroyers in the second.
* GameBreaker: Anti-Air Vets in the first game could, with minor effort, devastate anything--including the local DemonicSpiders.
** In the sequel, Fighters gain the barrel roll ability which allows them to shake off locked-on enemy missiles. The only issue is there's no cooldown or other reason not to do this all the time. This can be especially unbalanced on the online PvP assault missions where the attacking side have fighters.
* GoddamnedBats: Gunships. You generally have your own infantry to deal with the enemy's infantry.
* ScrappyLevel: "Their Finest Hour" in the sequel.