* AntiClimaxBoss: [[spoiler:Roland.]] Damien tells the others to "LeaveHimToMe", they square up, Damien [[KnuckleCracking cracks his joints]]... [[spoiler:and then takes him out with a single [[GroinAttack kick to the crotch]].]]
* CompleteMonster: Taha from the first film is a brutal Parisian drug lord who kills anyone he doesn't like, [[BadBoss especially his own minions]]. He controls the largest gang-run ghetto which the government walled off from the rest of the city to stop the further spread of crime. He's largely responsible for the deterioration in the district, but unlike the government he takes an active hand in making things worse by terrorizing the population to submit to his rule and dumping his drugs there. When a group of his minions fail to recover a large stash kept by Leito, he shoots them in quick succession until one of them comes up with an idea. When Leito and his sister Lola almost have him arrested, he uses his power to makes a deal with the cops to imprison Leito instead. He takes Lola so he can keep her as a beaten, drug-addicted sex slave on a leash in his personal quarters. When a nuclear bomb goes missing and is found by his gang, he considers selling it to arms dealers before blackmailing the police and the government with the lives of 2 million people by aiming it at the city centre with a missile launcher. He chains up Lola to the missile for good measure so she'll be incinerated by the launch.
%% Bring CompleteMonster examples to this thread before adding any: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=6vic3f9h1cy5qivsenw8llok&page=1. Check the FAQ first to see what would qualify characters for the trope, and if there has been previous discussion on the work.
* CriticalDissonance: Received an awful critical reception in France, but didn't do too badly in the box office.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: "Determine" by Alonso, played over an extended introductory shot at the start of the sequel.
** When Lola comes out of a drug induced haze on the roof, she notices she's chained directly below the bomb. Does she freak out and try to escape? Nope, she immediately tries to damage or disable the bomb.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: "Start chewing." (Context: When Lola was first dragged into Taha's complex, one of his mooks said he wanted her panties. When she and Leito break out by taking Taha hostage, she removes her panties, stuffs them in the guy's mouth and tells him to "start chewing". [[FunnyBackgroundEvent You can still see him standing stock still in the background after the rest of the mooks rush after Lola, Leito and Taha.)]]
** In the original version's initial apartment chase, they run through the bedroom of an elderly couple, who clutch each other in fear and scream, which is really not funny at all. In the remake, the elderly woman ''tases'' one of Taha's mooks! Later, Leito runs past a group of young boys playing video games and says "Hi kids!", to which one of the young boys replies "Hey, Leito" in an incredibly [[DeadpanSnarker deadpan]] voice without even looking up.
** Damien taking revenge on Carlos Montoya for the murder of Pedro by shooting up Montoya's beloved car.
* NightmareFuel: What Taha does to Lola. See CompleteMonster above.
** How Leito kills the corrupt police chief in the beginning - by yanking his head through the prison bars (causing blood to pour from his ears) and then decapitating him by slamming his head down.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: People's opinion of the English remake with PaulWalker is everything but nice. They usually cite the horrid dialogue, the fact that Walker is nowhere near Cyril Raffaelli in terms of skill or charisma, and also that David Belle's scenes are often awkwardly filmed to hide the fact that he doesn't speak English.