** SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: Rune A. basically opened a letter column with this (in response to a letter he had received) then he spent the rest of the column explaining the Holocaust… to Pre-schoolers… [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome and did it really well]].
*** In general, the series has dropped anvils about pacifism, redemption, racism and co-existence for its entire run. And they are all needed. As evidence of this trope, and how well it's pulled-off, is the fact that Bamse is in Sweden generally held in higher regard when it comes to teaching children about basic morality than religious scriptures are.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Vargen
* FridgeBrilliance: Grandma has stated that she made sure that if Bamse had an intention of doing something nasty, the dunderhonung's effect would fade in a snap. Bamse has to be a TechnicalPacifist for it to work.
* MemeticMutation: "''I have a built-in compass''" said Skalman.
** To elaborate, some fans took sound clips from the animated stories (which were heavily narrated) and put them together in nonsensical ways, all of which are hilarious for their absurdity. Specifically, that line above is said with ''no context whatsoever''.
** "And then he flew out through the window!"
* TearJerker: Vargen's backstory.
* TheWoobie: Vargen. Just Vargen. [[spoiler:Orphaned at an early age, raised by abusive stepfathers into a life of crime, befriends girl, stepparents decide to rob a girl's house, Vargen escapes with the girl's help. He tries to reform but is treated as a criminal, decides to take up a life of crime seriously, becoming World Champion of Nastiness, gets foiled by main character until he does a HeelFaceTurn... And in the end, he [[DidNotGetTheGirl does not even get the girl]] as she grew up and married someone else.]]