* CrowningMomentOfFunny: "I AM GONNA ROCK YOUR VAGINA!"
* DoubleStandardRapeFemaleOnMale: Or rather, use of date-rape drug is funny when it's female on male.
* HarsherInHindsight: The movie's central premise is a woman who can't quit her job because it's her sole source of income. She decides she needs breast enhancement surgery to impress a man and finds out that the teacher whose class has the highest test scores on a state test will get a large bonus. Her attempts to get the bonus involve GrayAndGreyMorality. Two weeks after the movie premiered, a major test-fixing scandal erupted in the Atlanta public school system, implicating 178 educators, among them 38 principals, and forced the superintendent to resign. A smaller, but similar, situation could have easily happened in the film's universe if Elizabeth's shenanigans backfired.
* MagnificentBitch: Elizabeth.
* MemeticMutation: "IT'S THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED, SEAN!" Has become a default when arguing with someone on a message board shockingly fast, as well as a hilarious catchphrase due to the 2011 NBA Finals (both involving [=LeBron=] James).
** Becomes [[HilariousInHindsight hilarious in hindsight]] after the 2012 finals, in which James finally won his first title, along with the Finals MVP award.
*** He still doesn't have six though
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Amy Squirrel is an irritating, meddling goody-two shoes busybody who is completely right in every suspicion that she has about Elizabeth. She doesn't even do anything but be nice and friendly until after she first catches Elizabeth in an illegal act. [[spoiler: And she certainly doesn't deserve to lose her boyfriend thanks to Elizabeth's lies and scheming, nor bear the punishment and blame for Elizabeth's crimes]].
* UnintentionallySympathetic: Amy Squirrel is, while a naggy busybody, a good teacher who genuinely cares about her students. Elizabeth [[spoiler: takes absolutely everything from her and ruins her life]], and we are expected to see this as a good (or, at least, a funny) thing.
* TheWoobie: Garrett. Amy as well, who as stated above, does nothing to warrant the horrible things that happen to her.