* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The level clear jingle, whether in the arcade or on the NES.
* HilariousInHindsight: [[Webcomic/TheAdventuresOfDrMcNinja A ninja lighting himself on fire to fight enemies?]] See ManOnFire on the main page.
* MemeticMutation: "Are you a bad enough dude to (X)?"
* [[WatchItForTheMeme Play It For The Meme]]
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: While the premise of this game is a meme, the SpiritualSuccessor ''VideoGame/CrudeBuster'' (aka ''Two Crude Dudes'') is a great (and obscure) game on its own.
** Also, ''VideoGame/SlySpy'', which is a combination of this game and ''VideoGame/HeavyBarrel'', and painted over with a Film/JamesBond skin. (''Bad Dudes'' is one of the other Data East games advertised in the background.)
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: In Japan, the arcade version's ending theme ''almost'' [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDIE3jJlmg#t=18s sounds like "The Star-Spangled Banner"]]. Averted in America and the Famicom/NES versions, however, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xfOaEJTt1Q#t=79s where it's "Hail to the Chief" verbatim]].