* AcceptableLifestyleTargets: City-dwellers. Most look down on Babe and the Hoggetts for being country-folk, despite said country-folk having a glowing list of achievements.
** Just about anyone who eats pork products is going to look pretty bad in a film whose protagonist very well could have ''been'' those pork products.
* AccidentalInnuendo: Mrs. Hoggett polishes a first prize trophy for the Kingsmith Dick Show, which is a ShoutOut to the author of the original novel, but sounds like something much less innocent.
* AdaptationDisplacement: The movie is ''far'' more widely known than the original book, ''The Sheep-Pig'' by Creator/DickKingSmith. This is less so in Britain, though, where Dick King-Smith is a well-known children's author.
* AwesomeMusic: "If I Had Words", which ranges from sweet, heartwarming, and even a bit of a TearJerker, to just plain awesome when the orchestra cuts in. As well it should be, considering its tune comes from Saint-Saens's Third Symphony in C Minor, the "Organ Symphony"! Also the end credits version: those mice really can show off their pipes!
* BaseBreakingCharacter: The mice, being either adorable or just annoying.
* EarWorm: "If I Had Words".
* FridgeLogic: Rex is nearly deaf, yet he and Fly have at least one very quiet conversation together. One might justify this as him being a dog and so he's only "almost deaf" compared to other dogs, but Fly specifies that he couldn't hear his master's commands while herding - commands which almost certainly would have been shouted or at least called out loudly.
* MemeticMutation: "That'll do, pig. That'll do."
** Farmer Hogget's [[SpoiledBrat granddaughter]]. The [[UngratefulBitch Ungrateful Little Bitch.]] Your grandfather spends days working on a dollhouse for you, possibly spending months creating the tables and chairs, and you're crying over the fact that it wasn't the ONE YOU SAW ON THE TELEVISION!
*** Not only that, but the moment we first see her, she's shrieking shrilly. Three seconds later, she's told about Christmas dinner. "I HATE PORK!" You could argue that they just arrived after what one may presume might be a long car trip and that could make any kid cranky, ''but she never gets any better.'' Later on, at Christmas Dinner, she insults her Grandma's cooking. "Yuck! Chicken!" Even after being told it's duck, you can hear her declare, "I'm not going to eat any of it!" Kid, are you a vegetarian? Is there anything you ''do'' eat? And finally, of course, the infamous dollhouse scene, the biggest reason viewers wanted to deck her.
** Her parents aren't much better (which may be where she gets it from), buying the Hogget's a fax machine for Christmas. The scene makes it clear that it's really for themselves.
*** It's ''her parents'' fault she's like that, so they are worse.
** Ferdinand the duck-that-thinks-he's-a-rooster. He got Babe to break into the house for Ferdinand's own personal gain, then he basically threw him to the wolves by running away while Babe was forced to face the judgemental eyes of dozens of animals he hadn't yet had the chance to make a good first impression on.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: There are times where you can tell the sheep are either animatronics, or if they're in groups, just tied together with Velcro.
* UncannyValley: The CGI of the animals speaking gives of this effect sometimes.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: After a while, you really forget that it's animatronics (and CG muzzle replacement) as opposed to real animals speaking.
* TheWoobie: Hoggett during the Christmas scene when his [[SpoiledBrat granddaughter]] rejects the dollhouse he spent months building because "I WANT THE HOUSE I SAW ON THE TELEVISION!" It's okay, Arthur. You can be ''my'' grandfather. I'll play with the dollhouse and you can teach me how to shear sheep. Come on, it'll be lots of fun!
** And when he's at the sheepdog trials with Babe in tow. You can see the effort it takes for him to just put one foot in front of the other when an entire town is laughing at him. Even his wife had lost faith in him at that point.
** Babe himself, of course. But a more surprising example is ''[[JerkassWoobie Rex]]'' - he has a terribly tragic backstory and proves himself to be JerkWithAHeartOfGold, once he overcomes his own bitterness and realizes just how good Babe is for his master.
** Fly when her pups are being given away. She'd earlier stated that this was something she was prepared for, but you can see how much it hurts her to let them go.