* CompleteMonster: At this point, [[spoiler:Midori]], the true King, seems to be mostly irredeemable.
** Although, [[spoiler:Midori]] ''does'' have a FreudianExcuse in the form of ParentalNeglect, which led to [[spoiler:his twin brother Akari's death. Before that, he UsedToBeASweetKid]].
* DracoInLeatherPants: Amazingly, there are people who hope that the King [[spoiler: Midori will survive his stab wound and]] lives a normal life!
-->From Mangahere: '''Keziah Lingco:''' Who's is that Kidd0? he really got the guts to [[spoiler: stab midori-kun]]... H0ping that [[spoiler: midori and arisa]]'s relationship g0es well... po0r [[spoiler: arisa and midori]]....\\
'''Syeda Aqsa''': [[spoiler: midori]] is suffering also because of what happened................i wish in the end all goes well between [[spoiler: arisa and midori]].............
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: The series tries so hard to be dark that it can cause this.
** The premise of the series.
** The King being able to make people disappear, even ''teachers''.
** Class 2B's increasing sociopathy.
** Tsubasa's near-drowning, and the fact that ''Arisa's best friend'' slipped her the drugged cookies.
* TearJerker: Yeah, they act nasty to varying degrees, but the backgrounds of the King's pawns are very sad. Especially Mariko, whose FriendlessBackground is easy to relate to.
* UncannyValley: Kudo's CheshireCatGrin.