* FridgeBrilliance: It's telling that Sean, [[spoiler:who's actually a creep who sleeps around,]] first becomes friendly to Anya [[spoiler:when she's wearing her shirt open, exposing her cleavage.]]
* HeartwarmingMoments: When Anya comforts Dima.
* IronWoobie: Dima.
* TearJerker: [[spoiler: Emily's last rant and departure.]]
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Apart from the obscure feminine name and a couple fleeting snippets of dialogue, it can be hard for some readers to tell that Siobhan's a girl. It doesn't help that she wears a necktie and the male school uniform.
* TheWoobie: YMMV, but arguably Emily - with the whole backstory of being murdered and stuck in a well as a ghost for ninety years. [[spoiler: ...but then, of course, we find out she was lying about her past.]]
*** [[spoiler: Emily might be more of a JerkassWoobie if anything. Anya may technically count too.]]
** Dima. Poor, poor little Dima.
** [[spoiler:[[LoveMartyr Elizabeth]]]].
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: After the scene where [[spoiler: Elizabeth confesses to being a miserable Love Martyr towards her awful boyfriend, she is not seen again and her storyline is left there.]]