* EarWorm: "Tell Me Something I Don't Know".
* FridgeBrilliance: In the fairy tale, Cinderella's salvation comes from dancing at a ball, so it makes perfect sense to have Mary be a dancer.
** Likewise, the climax at the dance competition.
* TheScrappy: Holy carp, Dominique. She is an AbusiveParent and a complete JerkAss, and she has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's a wonder how she managed to get away with her treatment of Mary before the events of the film.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: It did much better with critics than Film/ACinderellaStory, and ranked as January 2009's No. 1 TV film when it aired on Creator/ABCFamily. It also won the 2010 Writers Guild of America Award for Children's script-long form or special, which says a lot considering the first film was nominated for a Razzie.
** The fact that there is another sequel (that will also have a musical theme, and star Creator/LucyHale, who is known for looking like Selena) in the works supports this.
* TheWoobie: Admit it, you wanted to hug Mary at least once during this movie. The poor girl just can't catch a break. Seriously, the way her so called family treats her crosses into abusive territory.