* FunnyAneurysmMoment: When reading the endorsement of PETA in the final issue, one must remember that back in the '80s they weren't quite the [[AnimalWrongsGroup organization]] they are now.
* HeartwarmingInHindsight: [[spoiler:Mr. Freeze]] WOULD [[WesternAnimation/BatmanTheAnimatedSeries get out of limbo after all]].
** The Space Canine Patrol Agents were said to never get out of limbo, but they did, as the Dog Star Patrol in WesternAnimation/KryptoTheSuperdog.
* HilariousInHindsight: In the second issue, Buddy runs into a teenager named "Jaime" who carries around an autograph book filled with the signatures of every superhero he's ever gotten a chance to meet. When he tries to get Buddy's autograph, he opens the book, exposing a page that reads "''To my good friend Jaime'' - The BlueBeetle". That issue came out about 18 years before a teenager named Jaime Reyes officially became the third BlueBeetle.
* NightmareFuel: "[[CrisisOnInfiniteEarths worldswilldieworldswillliveworldswilldieworldswillliveworldswilldie]]"
* TearJerker: There are a lot, including the tragedy of B'Wana Beast in the first arc, The Coyote Gospel, the life story and death of Red Mask, [[spoiler:Buddy's family being murdered]], and the final issues GrantMorrison wrote where [[spoiler:he and Buddy met.]]
** The very last couple of pages during Morrison's run, where the quote comes from. That's already a tearjerker in of it's self, but what makes it moreso sad is what happens at the end. [[spoiler:After Grant shines his light to try to signal Foxy, he gets no response and leaves. A light then shines back from the hill. Grant doesn't see it.]]
*** FridgeBrilliance hit me after reading that scene. [[spoiler: After Grant makes all these arguements that comics matter and that we should treat fictional characters with some respect, he makes his most convincing argument in those last panels. Because Foxy represents childhood and more importantly, innocence, and the only place Grant can still find it. . . is in a comic-book world. I'm not sure if any of that made sense, but it was a Tearjerker to me.]]
** The characters still in limbo, though some might eventually return to continuity, several won't. As Merryman of the Inferior Five pointed out, times have changed where they won't likely return, especially the Space Canine Patrol Agents.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: Some of the things Morrison writes, you'll swear ''he'' was on peyote. Ironically, he was allegedly straight-edge at the time, and only started taking the "mind-expanding" crap later.
** The New 52 edition of Animal Man [[http://inveteratemediajunkies.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dc-new-52-animal-man-2.jpg?w=600 plays this completely straight]]. Considering that it crosses over with ''Comicbook/SwampThing'', this is not a big jump for him.
* TheWoobie: Buddy. He endures so much [[spoiler:at the hands of his writer]].