* CrossesTheLineTwice: ''Everything.''
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Reportedly, Putnam-after coming out of his coma-played "You're in a Coma" and "Pull the Plug" as soon as he was out of the hospital. ''He was still partially paralyzed during his performance.''
* FaceOfTheBand: Seth Putnam, [[IAmTheBand its only consistent member]]. After his death, the band broke up.
* FairForItsDay: Over the years, it's become less common and acceptable to use the word 'gay' as an insult. With the amount of songs calling things gay, A.C. arguably might have gotten more offensive over time. At the same time, however, calling things "gay" or "queer" is still very common in New England (even among LGBTQ individuals, which has been noted by many a resident and visitor alike), so it may be a case of "[[NWordPrivileges still acceptable on their home turf, unacceptable elsewhere]]".
* MisaimedFandom: A portion of their fanbase is completely unaware that it was all a joke or simply couldn't care less.
* NarmCharm: Part of their appeal to metalheads.
* OlderThanTheyThink: Many believe that Anal Cunt took their name from a Music/GGAllin song... which was recorded five years after they formed. In fact, Allin may have named the song after ''them'' - at any rate, he was familiar with the band at some point, as he once proposed they become his backing band.
* SnarkBait: Frequently, the band has been lashed out by many critics for [[NoSuchThingAsBadPublicity deliberately]] [[TheyPlottedAPerfectlyGoodWaste putting out]] [[SoBadItsGood offensive]] and [[StylisticSuck terrible]] music when they really don't know that it's all done as a [[StealthParody joke]].
* SoBadItsGood: The entirety of the "Howard Is Bald" revolves around the band members incoherently wailing drunken lyrics about Howard Wulkan's baldness - which ends up being exactly what makes it so entertaining.