* BrokenBase: Mainly concerning the permanent ArtEvolution the series had.
* CompleteMonster: [[BigBad The Huntsman]] is the worst of the [[TheHunter the Huntsclan]], seeing as he is their leader. He kidnapped Rose at birth and is quite possibly the one who personally brainwashed her into believing in the Huntsclan way of life. As Rose's abduction means that this is probably the way that all Huntsclan members are recruited, this possibly gives him somewhat of a FreudianExcuse. However, seeing as his hatred has consumed him to the point where he has continued to kidnap infants from their parents despite knowing that he himself was kidnapped, he could be considered even '''more''' of a monster. The Huntsman has also killed a magical creature onscreen and, of course, who could forget that when he found out about Rose's HeelFaceTurn, he [[MoralEventHorizon threatened to kill her parents if she refused to help him acquire the means to kill every single magical creature on the face of the Earth]].
* CrossoverShip: A rare canon example, Lao-Shi falls in love with [[Disney/LiloAndStitch Mrs. Hasagawa]] in the WesternAnimation/LiloAndStitchTheSeries episode "Morpholomew", but has to leave her when he goes home to New York.
** On the fanon side, [[WesternAnimation/KimPossible Ron]] and Jake are quite popular.
* EarWorm: He's cool, he's hot like a frozen sun...
** Haley's theme.
* EthnicScrappy: Trixie is a bit too much for most people.
* EvilIsSexy: According to Fury: "Wow. I am ''hot''."
** Rose before her HeelFaceTurn
* FridgeLogic: So...small countries like Korea get their own dragons...but Jake is responsible for the ENTIRE United States? Aren't these dragon families ancient? Are they appointed by the UN or something? And were Jake's ancestors also responsible for the USA(Then why is grandpa still very "Chinese"?) or have they only gotten the duty for the last 2-3 generations? The dragons' biggest foe must be bureaucracy.
* GrowingTheBeard: The 2nd season has been considered an improvement, thanks to a change in direction with [[KimPossible Steve Loter]].
* HarsherInHindsight: Rose knowingly and willingly committed mass genocide by wishing for the destruction of the Huntsclan. Her voice actor, Creator/MaeWhitman also voiced Katara from ''WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender'', at the same time, in fact. Katara's close friend Aang, the titular character, was the last of his kind due to the mass genocide of his people. This is made all the harsher when one takes into account that [[OfficialCouple Aang was in love with Katara]], though [[FanPreferredCouple many prefer her with the Dante Basco character...]]
* NightmareFuel: The Kelpie is rather scary.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: In regards to the change in style for season two. Many liked the first seasons designs and felt season two's was way too abrupt and trying too hard to match their character's personalities.
* TheScrappy: Huntsboys #88 and #89. Veered into CreatorsPet territory after [[spoiler: the Huntsmen as a whole were killed off, but the two continued to appear anyway.]] Though they quit being Huntsmen at the last minute and weren't real Huntsmen in the first place.
* TearJerker: The entire ending of "Homecoming". The ending of "Ski Trip" as well.
* TheWoobie: Rose.
** Jake has his moments.