!! ''Alien From LA'' has examples of:
* FridgeBrilliance: The "big bones" comments are referring to surface-dweller Kathy's thick, healthy, ''high-calcium'' bones. There's not much vitamin D and calcium in a sunlight- and dairy-free underground society. (Which raises the question of how Gus got to be so tall.)
* HamAndCheese: Creator/DeepRoy. '''DON'T''' push your luck, Shank!
* HollywoodHomely: Wanda is supposed to be nerdy, frumpy and awkward, with dorky glasses and bad hair. She's also played by ''Kathy freakin' Ireland''. [[Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000 Mike and 'bots]] got a lot of mileage in this film out of her day job.
* MostAnnoyingSound: Shut up, Wanda. I said ''Shut up, Wanda!''
* TheScrappy: Wanda
!! The sequel ''Journey to the Center of the Earth'' provides examples of:
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: At one point, the main characters have several odd dream sequences. They appear to be scenes from either the movie that didn't get made (see above quote from the original director), or else scenes from abandoned character arcs (as it seems clear from viewing the movie, several actors also bailed on the movie).