* BizarroEpisode: The music video for ''Magnetic North'' has absolutely nothing to do with pirates and instead features a prison and wild west theme.
** This video is a parody of [[Music/LadyGaga Lady Gaga's]] music video for ''Telephone''. ''Magnetic North'' was intentionally composed in a way that matches Lady Gaga's singing in ''Telephone,'' as demonstrated in [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKF2oc9h3o4 this video put together by lead singer Christopher Bowes himself.]]
* CoveredUp: ''Wolves of the Sea'' is a cover of a song by Pirates of the Sea from the 2008 Series/EurovisionSongContest.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5TXyJlEMc Their cover of 'You Are A Pirate!' from]] Series/LazyTown
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tl05qZqeQU Their Pirate Metal version of "Flower Of Scotland.]]
** All of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyNTwD3Yk Death Throes of the Terrorsquid]], but particularly the spectacular BlackMetal bridge about four minutes in (a FanNickname for it is "[[Music/DimmuBorgir Dimmustorm]]").
* EarWorm: The violin/Accordion section of Keelhauled.
** Do what you want, 'cause a pirate is free, You are a pirate!
* EndingFatigue: The title track from ''Sunset on the Golden Age'' is a little over eleven minutes long and features many, many false endings.
* ItsTheSameNowItSucks: A complaint about the band is that they lack variety in sounds and themes.
** However on closer listen, the band's sound has changed noticeably over the years. The [[RevolvingDoorBand various member changes over the years]], the addition of real strings, brass, accordions and other folk instruments from their second album onwards and the addition of harsh vocals upon Elliot Vernon joining the band all add up to a very noticeable difference, at least in musical style, between their first album and ''Sunset On The Golden Age''.
* NarmCharm: Yes, they dress up as pirates on-stage. The singer has an extremely cheesy pirate voice. It's awesome. Their songs range from pirate-themed ballads to epically silly songs with lyrics like:
--> Hey! Hey! I want more wenches!
--> Hey! Hey! More wenches and mead!
* SignatureSong: Thanks to their gimmick and one-of-a-kind sound, a lot of the band's songs are fairly iconic, but "Keelhauled" and "You Are a Pirate" are probably their most recognizable pieces.