* CriticalResearchFailure: The writers are somehow under the impression that there's something special about Thor's helmet. As in MarvelComics Thor. In the comics themselves, the only thing special about Thor's helmet is...he wears it.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: A gravelly-voiced Albert Collins issues the decree of "''Nobody'' leaves this stage without singin' the Blues." And thus, we demonstrate that Elisabeth Shue has surprisingly good pipes.
** Music/TheRollingStones. "Gimme Shelter". What else can you ask for? [[note]]well, it would've been nice of them to not cut it off so quickly, but hey, it's still "Gimme Shelter".[[/note]]
* EarWorm: Percy Sledge's "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ssVntQN1E Just Can't Stop.]]"
** "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_jOD2Fxvs And Then He Kissed Me]]" could be this as well, having to hear it at the beginning and end of the film.
** And let us not forget "Baby Sittin Blues" ...baby baby!
** The first PG-13 film released by Disney, in 1987, has Marvel's Thor as a plot point. Flash forward 22 years, when Disney buys Marvel.
*** And what do they do in their second ''Thor'' movie? Give ''this'' film's skyscraper-scene a ShoutOut!
** For bonus points, Vincent D'Onofrio is joining the MCU. Not as Thor, but as Kingpin.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Admit it, wouldn't it have been fun to see how the gangsters could have done to sing the blues to get out of that club to continue the chase?
* ValuesDissonance: The use of "homo" as an insult was considered less offensive at the time when the movie came out.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: The film was shown on Disney Channel one time.