* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Favors a more Western-inspired orchestral score over the Rock/Electronic tracks in the previous games, all of which is composed by many signature composers of the Namco Sound Team, including Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Keiki Kobayashi and Hiroshi Okubo, while also introducing new assets, such as Junichi Nakatsuru, Katsuro Tajima and the ''[=ACE COMBAT5=] Chorus Team'', all of which performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra. Throw in a few of the classic synth/guitar segments from the previous games, some OminousLatinChanting, and an OscarBait theme song performed by Elizabeth Ladizinsky to boot, and you get pure distilled ''awesome''. Some highlights:
** [[http://youtu.be/cgNGtGI-XbM First Flight]]
** [[http://youtu.be/0tdQ_cttZ8g Open War]] (not to be confused with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3g6YxS6LSA Open The War]])
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU The Unsung War]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQrkZtg-mo The Journey Home]].
* GameBreaker: The Raptor or any fighter with QAMMs in the final mission becomes a literal example where the first fight can be finished in about ten seconds. It's supposed to last much longer, but get it right and the in game speech cannot keep up with you winning so easily.
** Even better if you take the FALKEN and its TLS to the final mission - one sweep of it through the enemy aces, a few minutes of uninterrupted monologue, and then ''cutting the goddamned SOLG in half'' with another sweep.
* StopHelpingMe: Some of the allies in the game can get like this, when they have an annoying habit of asking you trivial questions at the absolute worst times, ''especially'' Chopper. (Worse yet, in Mission 10 [[spoiler:answering his seemingly irrelevant "Face of the Coin" question [[GuideDangIt chooses your next two missions without stating as much or giving any clue as to which two missions those are]]. One path gets you the alright ones, the other gets you the [[ThatOneLevel Four Horsemen]]]].)
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: To ''04'', being about twice as long as any other game thus far, and also adding the new squadron control mechanics and a more character-driven narrative, this game often ends up as many fans' favorite. On the flip side, the same two attributes mentioned above are why some other fans dislike it.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotPolitical: The anti war stance the game takes has some think it is a commentary on GeorgeBush and TheWarOnTerror. While there may be a grain of truth in there if anything it is closer to the ColdWar.