* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Kenny. Whether he's just trying to be a friend to a person he's worried about and admires, trying to figure out his sexuality and attempting to use George as someone to experiment with, is aware of an attraction to George and is hoping George will reciprocate his advances, or any combination of the above is left up to the viewers.
* AwardSnub: Not getting a Best Picture nomination while ''TheBlindSide'' did. However, it did get a Best Actor nomination for Creator/ColinFirth.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: By Abel Korzeniowski
* FauxSymbolism: The fantasies of George drowning.
* TechnologyMarchesOn: While in the loo George knows Charley is calling him and, in the book, laments the fact there isn't a phone cord long enough for him to speak to her from there. Ignoring the fact, even with a corded phone, a person could put a phone in the bathroom, there are now cordless phones, and many people do take mobile/cell phones into the bathroom with them for various reasons.