!! Tropes found in the radio show:
* ArchiveBinge: The last 14 years of the show are up on the website.
* ArchivePanic: See above.
* EarWorm: The Powdermilk theme, but also the saxophone-and-piano number that opens ''Guy Noir'', and the theme song itself--so recognizable that people in the audience cheer at the very first note.
* HilariousInHindsight: Garrison Keillor's "I'm A Lutheran", from the 1990s, makes a lot of jokes about Episcopalians and how Garrison likes Lutherans more, Garrison Keillor is one of them (an Episcopalian) now.
* HoYay: Occasionally between Dusty and Lefty, the cowboys. They tend to say "my partner", which makes people think of [[HaveAGayOldTime the newer version of "partner"]].
* MemeticMutation: Keillor's red shoes, invariably seen at the live shows.
* NeverLiveItDown: The "Penguin Joke" became a RunningGag because the first time Garrison Keillor tried to tell it on the air, he badly flubbed the delivery. They've been repeating his mistake word-for-word ever since.
!! Tropes found in the film:
* AcceptableTargets: Texans, evidently.
* TearJerker: Oh, God, yes...not least because of the thought of one's favorite radio show closing forever...