* JustHereForGodzilla: The liberal politics of the game are overshadowed by the sci-fi elements of PRISM. Unless you go digging through menus, it's easy to play most of the game without knowing what the Plan for Renewed National Purpose involves. You can see its ''effects'', as the police state gets worse and worse, but the plan behind it isn't as visible.
* MarySuetopia: If an effective one.
* NightmareFuel: The later simulations are full of it.
* ParanoiaFuel: "You have spent twenty years living a normal, unsuspecting life. You are YOU. The suddenly, one day, the universe around you is torn away, and you learn that your whole life has been a charade, a carefully calculated scientific experiment. Perhaps, at this very moment, you are a normal human being, sitting in some comfortable armchair reading this story. But - perhaps you are not."
* TearJerker: The short story prologue describes what are probably the most painful moments in Perry Sim's/PRISM's life.