* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Despite its lukewarm reception in the United States, it was number one in the box office in Mexico on its opening weekend, and won multiple awards in Latin American film festivals.
* SoBadItsGood: Basically the entire movie.
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: The message isn't subtle (it's right there in the title!), but animosity towards immigrants and people of color is a never ending issue in the United States, so a reminder that both are an important part of the country, which would go down the tubes should they disappear, is an important one.
* SpecialEffectFailure: That weather map post-disappearance was overly crude. Yes, all the satellites were gone, but surely the new weatherman (the old one was a Mexican) had something ''other'' than magic marker to work with?
* UncertainAudience: Many viewers were unaware that this was a BlackComedy until they were told. They believed that it was dead-serious speculative fiction.