''Webcomic/GunnerkriggCourt'' could also be called "Wham Webcomic":
* Chapter 6 -- "A Handful of Dirt": Antimony's EmotionlessGirl facade cracks, and she reveals that [[ParentalAbandonment her father has disappeared]]. MoodWhiplash, indeed.
* Chapter 7 -- "Of New and Old": Several teachers reveal that [[GenerationXerox they knew Annie's parents]]. Annie reveals to them that [[KidWithTheLeash she has Reynardine]], then refuses to return him to their custody. Robot 13 returns, then attacks Rey and Annie. The chapter ends with Annie falling off a bridge, to her apparent death. (What was particularly cruel was that the first volume of the original print edition ended at this chapter.)
* Chapter 8 -- "Broken Glass and Other Things": Annie discovers the riverbank is home to [[TheFairFolk Regional Fairies]] on the Forest side and a malevolent, sword-wielding ghost on the Court side. And that the strange birds she's seen about the Court are actually robots. Annie herself turns out to be on a first-name basis with a Native American [[TheGrimReaper death god]]. She and Kat discover that the Court is far larger than they previously thought.
* Chapter 12 -- "Mainly Involves Robots": Annie finds an entire society of Robots within the Court. Reynardine shows off his wolf form for the first time; more surprisingly, he's helpful for once. He informs Annie that relations between the Court and the Wood are uneasy, to put it mildly, and Annie's actions back in Chapter One may have sparked a diplomatic crisis. And he accidentally lets it slip that he has a cousin.
* Chapter 14 -- "The Fangs of Summertime": It's the end of the school year. Kat's parents invite Annie to come with them on their vacation, but she refuses. Then, the people of Gilittie Wood requests a visit to the Court. Just about everything else is a spoiler.
* Chapter 21 -- "Blinking": Annie had to lead her own mother to the afterlife. ''Jesus'', that explains a lot...
* Chapter 25 -- "Sky Watcher and the Angel": Diego left Jeanne to die in the Annan Waters. Not the most hilarious home movie we've ever seen.
* Chapter 30 -- "The Coward Heart": Annie tries to communicate with Jeanne's ghost, and we learn... [[StarCrossedLovers more of the]] [[InterspeciesRomance circumstances]] surrounding her death.
* Chapter 31 -- "Fire Spike": Everything starts with a heated discussion between Annie and Reynardine, where we learn more of the backstory of the comic, such as details about [[spoiler:Surma and Reynard's relationship, Annie and Surma's past]], and then she, slightly loses her temper...
* Chapter 36 -- "Red Gets a Name": the last page of the chapter has [[http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1002 Annie's father contact her for the first time in nearly 2 years]].
* Chapter 39 -- "The Great Secret": Ysengrin, who has formed a strong enough friendship with Annie that she stands up to Coyote on his behalf, turns savage and apparently tries to ''kill'' her because he ''thought'' she might think he is beneath humans...''and'' Coyote is actively taking Ysegrin's memories. "I fear his mind is gone" indeed.
** Earlier in Chapter 39, Coyote's "Great Secret".
---> '''Coyote:''' [[PunctuatedForEmphasis I. DO NOT.]] [[http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1070 EXIST!]]
* Chapter 40 -- "The Stone": the entirety of Chapter 40 is a page-by-page SerialEscalation rollercoaster of Wham, as we find out what Jones has seen.
* Chapter 41: -- "Changes": [[spoiler:''Andrew'' is the new medium. Not Annie.]] Appears to be an in-universe Wham Moment, too. However, Coyote's response to this is to gleefully accept [[spoiler:Andrew and Parley.]] He then states that he's decided [[spoiler:to choose a new Medium as well - and picks Annie, offering her full citizenship to the forest.]]
* Chapter 47 became an entire Wham Arc: from [[spoiler:Jones inadvertently causing Mort's death]] to the revelation that [[spoiler:Mort's haunting "job" was basically busy work to keep him occupied]] to the finale of [[spoiler:Antimony ushering him into the ether, causing him to forget Annie and probably Kat]], the whole thing was one jab to the nose after another.
* Chapter 51 is arguably one of the biggest to date. [[spoiler:Anthony Carver shows up in person as a teacher at the Court and turns Annie's life on its ear. He humiliates her in front of her classmates by making her remove her "ridiculous" makeup and chiding her for making the class wait while she does so, then forces her to share a textbook with Kat in what looks to be a ''very'' hard class. After class, he reveals that he's aware of her cheating and has arranged for her to repeat Year 9. Thus, no longer a Year 10 student and not able to live in those dorms, and with the Year 9 dorms already being filled, he's arranged for her to room on her own nearby, without having told her beforehand. He's also forbidden her from returning to the forest and told her to transfer ownership of Renard to him. On top of all that, when Kat sees her again after school, she's already boxed up all her possessions and altered her appearance to resemble the little girl who wandered around Good Hope Hospital before her mom died. The chapter ends with Annie's classmates watching her and Kat boarding a carriage to take her away.]] Some commentators have called this the [[Series/GameOfThrones Red Wedding]] of ''Gunnerkrigg Court''. While [[spoiler:Anthony]]'s motives are still a mystery, there are hints that [[spoiler:the events of Chapter 38, "Divine", have had lasting effects. The bones holding Annie's elemental self looked like fingers, and when Zimmy decked Anthony his right hand and arm were obscured. Now, Anthony's right hand appears to be a prosthetic, and he pointedly (and seemingly angrily) rebuffs Annie when she asks about it. He's also sporting a scar on his upper lip from a split that looks like something you'd get from a good punch in the face, which Zimmy delivered in the etheric sense.]]
* Chapter 52: [[spoiler:Anthony reveals that Reynardine has not been responding to his commands. When we see him, as the readers expected, he no longer bears the alchemical symbol that represents Antimony. But what they didn't expect is that he now bears the symbol that represents ''Kat.'']]
* Chapter 53: [[spoiler: Anthony reveals the circumstances behind his long absence from his daughter's life. He and his wife leaving the Court was Surma's idea as she didn't want Annie born in the Court. Tony agreed with her partly because of some unknown business Eglamore had a hand in. He also made a deal with the Court to observe something called the Omega device in exchange for help with Surma's pregnancy and after her death he started searching for a scientific explanation behind her death. His search eventually led him to contacting the psychopomps, which led to his current injuries. They gave him a method to see Surma again and his quest to find the needed items is what led him to contact Annie. After he had everything he needed he '''cut off his own arm''' as the final part. The results of all of this did not bring back Surma but would have killed Annie were it not for Zimmy's interference. He then reveals that the reason he abandoned Annie was because he believed (incorrectly) that she blamed him for 'killing her mother' and suffers immense guilt as a result. After nearly killing Annie in trying to resurrect Surma, he's abandoned in the wilderness to die but is found by the Court. He's then made to return to Gunnerkrigg after the Court tells him that Annie will be ''expelled'' for her constant trangressions (with Anthony saying that her being the Forest Ambassador has really 'pissed them off'). Thus, everything he's done to Annie in Chapter 51 is basically him bringing the hammer down on her on the Court's behalf, which he feels horrible for.]]
* Chapter 59: [[spoiler: Annie, Kat, George, Smithy, Red and Ayilu decide to free Jeanne so she can move on to the afterlife. Annie finds out that the arrow that killed her Elf lover has bound his soul to the bottom of the river.]]
* Chapter 60: [[spoiler: Annie sees Kat's etheric form for the first time and is understandably terrified. Parley fights Jeanne and Andrew uses his powers to take a knife ''deep'' in the chest. Annie frees Jeanne's Elf lover, who resurfaces from the river and is reunited with his love.]]