* Chapter 12 was quite the wham back in the day, since it was the first confirmation in the main story that [[spoiler:Mel was really Ariel's mom]] and showed exactly how screwed up the relationship between Mel and Quain really is.
* Chapter 25 has so many Whams, many of which affect the very layout of the DT universe, one after the other that it's hard to keep track, but we'll try:
** Kalki, a leader of the Nidraa'chal, is actually the daughter of [[HomosexualReproduction Mel'arnach Val'Sarghress and Snadhya'rune Vel'Sharen]], the latter of whom was previously thought to have no children.
** The Ninth Tower of Orthorbbae, which had been hinted at all the way back in Chapter 2, exists.
** Furthermore, it contains the former headmisress, Sha'sana, who has been missing and presumed dead since the Prologue.
** According to Sha'sana, Snadhya's tainted only have around twenty five to fifty years before their seeds take them over, effectively killing them.
** Oh, and [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?order=chapters&id=1278 Sharess' body has been in the Ninth Tower for about 1000 years]].
* Chapter 32 also contained a doozy for Ariel, mainly [[spoiler:the revelation that Mel's her real mom]]. And worse, [[spoiler:she doesn't accept it]].
* The very end of chapter 33. [[spoiler:Adios, Sandaur]].
* The end of chapter 37, [[spoiler:mainly, Kalki coming out of nowhere and stabbing Yami'ni, and making off with the ancient weapon]] while Chrys'tel can only watch helplessly.
* The end of chapter 38. [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=8715 15 years does not seem to have been kind to Kiel]]. This was even more of a Wham since Kiel had been appearing in non-canon fourth-wall breaking extras that were mostly silly, making her appearance here all the more shocking.
** Not as bad as it looks, but Kiel is still slipping down the Darkside. Currently, she rules with a steel fist because she's [[LeaningOnTheFourthWall NOW HEARING FROM HER FRIENDS]] that democracy is no solution to peoples' [[LawfulStupid stupid evil]] alignment, and is apparently using some of her Princes and Princes as shadowlings that can contact both physical and spiritual planes (good for trapping demons).
* Chapter 39, where Diva'ratrika[[spoiler:'s BodyDouble]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=8787 meets her end]].
** And more of a humorous Wham, but the person who turns out to be the first (known) member of the child cast to become a mother turns out to be the last person people expected: [[spoiler:Shinae]].
** Turns into a genuine Wham a few pages later. [[spoiler:The child was somehow corrupted in the womb by Shinae's taint, to the point that the mild-mannered Gailen's only response when he sees it is to tell the slave to burn it]].
** This particular chapter seems to be turning into another series of Whams, with the most recent page bringing the revelation that [[spoiler:Kiel's taint and those demons around her are actually ''humans'']]. [[FourthWallObserver Her ability to see and hear the readers?]] [[spoiler:Is actually because ''we'' are the seed itself]].
*** To explain: Kiel can literally communicate two-way with the drowtales website forums. The medium used for communication is explained in the above paragraph.
* Chapter 42 opens with a pretty big wham, mainly [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9291 Chiri getting assassinated]]. Only it turns out [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9292 that was a vision]] and Chiri is actually fine, if shaken up. Then we find out what really happened: [[spoiler:''Shimi'lande'' was the one who was actually killed, and Chiri was seeing that the entire time]].
* Given that chapter 44 focuses on the Nidraa'chal and their gathering this was a given, but then they pull out a twist no one saw coming: [[spoiler:Zhor has apparently been returned to his dark elf body by the Jaa'darya]]. Wow.
** The end of chapter 44 also has a big one that the story had been building up to: [[spoiler:The Sharen [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9811 have effectively lost the city]] with Sarv'swati going missing]].
* Chapter 45 ends with the biggest wham (for the Sharens): [[spoiler: [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9941 the discovery of the real Diva'ratrika's mummified body.]]]]
* Chapter 46 Page 68: What tops getting a fork stuck in your hand? [[spoiler: [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10143 Your big ballistic sister CHOPPING YOUR ARM OFF]].]]
** By the end of chapter 46, [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10332 Sandhya'Rune]] and [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10263 Kalki]] have proven themselves homicidally insane. [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10353 Then they blame each other]].
* Chapter 47, starting from page 36; [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10467 Senekha's plot to weaponize Discordia and Kharla'ggen is FINALLY paying off.]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10545 With]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10565 a]] [[http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10567 vengeance.]]
* Chapter 48, especially the very last page. Look closely at Zala in the last panel, and pray for little Suna.
* The last page of chapter 50 [[spoiler:confirms Quain's death, leaving Ariel the new leader of the Sarghress]].