'''The Old Grey Hare''' is a Creator/BobClampett [[WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes Merry Melodies]] short released in 1944.
Elmer Fudd, frustrated with his inability to catch Bugs, sits under a tree and is transported into the far off year 2000 (which, back then, was considered futuristic and far-off). Now an old man armed with a laser gun, he goes after an equally aged Bugs Bunny and upon managing to succeed, Bugs sets up a flashback to when they were young children and how it all began. As Bugs feigns his death and digs his own grave, he manages to trick Elmer inside and bury him alive.
!!This short features:
* CrackOhMyBack: While running away, Old Bugs complains about his lumbago.
* CreditsGag: After the film irises out when Bugs hands Elmer the bomb, the ending title card violently shakes when the bomb goes off. Most TV versions replace the shaking card with one that doesn't shake (though the sound is still there). CartoonNetwork was one of the channels that aired this cartoon with the non-shaking end card, but ''The BobClampett Show'' actually aired it the way it was meant to be.
* EveryoneWentToSchoolTogether: According to this cartoon, Bugs and Elmer first met as babies.
* HistoryMarchesOn: At one point, it's mentioned that Music/BingCrosby is still alive in the year 2000 (while he died in 1977 in RealLife) and still waiting for his horse to cross the finish line.
* MidBattleTeaBreak: Baby Bugs and Baby Elmer stop in the middle of a chase for nap time.
* PinballGag: When Bugs is hit, score points flash around him, ending with a big "TILT".
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: Bugs Bunny as a baby.