[[caption-width-right:300: Our Mummies are Different.]]
'''''The Mummy: The Animated Series''''' is an animated television series produced by Universal Animation Studios to capitalize on the success of ''Film/TheMummyTrilogy''.
It premiered on Kids' WB! On the The WB network on September 29, 2001. It is set sometime between 1920 and 1934. The characters and plot were derived from the film, but the series could not replicate its success, efforts to make it consistent with real-world features were almost non-existent as, for example, [[YouFailGeographyForever Lake Titicaca is described as both puma-head shaped and as being found below the ruins of Macchu Picchu]]. The poor quality of the animation disappointed fans of the special effects-laden movie. It was retooled and rechristened The Mummy: Secrets of the Medjai for its second season, which began on February 15, 2003. Although the quality is considered to have improved between the first and second seasons, the show failed to find an audience and was cancelled on June 7, 2003. Reruns of the show aired on Toon Disney, but don't really show up anymore.
Based loosely on hit movies ''The Mummy'' and ''The Mummy Returns'', the O'Connells find themselves being chased around the world by the undead corrupt High Priest, Imhotep, and his lackey, Colin Weasler, while trying to get the Manacle of Osiris off Alex's wrist. This takes their trip across the world, trying to locate the lost scrolls of Thebes, the only things that can remove the manacle. However, the scrolls had to be destroyed to prevent Imhotep from possessing the manacle. Now in the second season, Alex is trained as a Medjai to combat the mummy as well as facing new threats along the way.
!!The Series Has Examples of:
* AdventurerArchaeologist: The O'Connells are this to a T. It seems every time they go looking for an artifact, or even doing any research in a library, they're always either attacked by mummies or giant sand monsters or some kind of monster!
* ActionMom: Evey O'Connell may be an archeologist bookworm, but she can dish out some major hurt when called for.
* ActionDad: IndianaJones, eat your heart out.
* AnimatedAdaptation: Of the ''Film/TheMummyTrilogy ''
* BackFromTheDead: Imhotep, Ankh-Su-Namun, there's quite a long list actually.
* BattleCouple: The O'Connell parents.
* BodyHorror: Imhotep, among others.
* DirtyCoward: Weasler
* HypocriticalHumor: In an episode where they went to a supposedly haunted house.
-->'''Evey:''' There's no such things as haunted houses.\\
'''Jonathan:''' [[SarcasmMode Yeah, like there's no such things as living mummies.]]
** Possibly a nod to Evey's skepticism in the first film.
* LovableCoward: Jonathan Carnahan, Alex's uncle. Overlaps with TheSoCalledCoward quite often, as even though he is obviously terrified he never abandons his family, and does a lot of astonishingly brave things to help or defend them.
* MacGuffin: The main plot point of the first season was the [[ClingyMacGuffin Manacle of Osiris]], which was stuck around Alex's wrist. Imhotep wanted it to claim it's power, while Alex just wanted it off.
* MamaBear and PapaWolf: Don't mess with the O'Connell's kid. Even if you're an almost all-powerful mega mummy able to summon armies of the undead, if you touch their son they will take you down. Hard.
* NerdGlasses: Worn by Colin Weasler.
* NewPowersAsThePlotDemands: The Manacle of Osiris can do pretty much anything that's needed, to fill out any plot holes.
* TheStarscream: Anck-Su-Namun
* ThisIsReality: A friend of Alex's who [[YouWatchTooMuchX reads too many comics]] says he thought mummies were slow, and Alex tells him "This one isn't!"