'''''The Mighty Hercules''''' is a cartoon based rather loosely on the [[Myth/GreekMythology legendary greek hero Hercules]].
Hercules comes down from Mount Olympus to battle monsters and villains like the wizard Daedalus, Wilhamene the Sea Witch and the Mask of Vulcan. Because on Earth his godly strength would vanish, Hercules must don a magic ring to maintain his power. At his side are the beautiful Helena, Newton the [[OurCentaursAreDifferent Centaur]], Tewt the satyr and young King Dorian of the kingdom of Caladon.
This series is best remembered by Johnny Nash's BraggingThemeTune. Also it partially inspired Superman's look for ''WesternAnimation/SupermanTheAnimatedSeries'', particularly his head shape and facial features.
* AudibleGleam: Mostly with Hercules' ring
* BeardOfEvil: Daedalus.
* DistressedDamsel: Helena.
* EvilSorceror: Daedalus
* GoodIsDumb: In many an episode Hercules only bothers to put on his magic ring after finding out the hard way he can't actually tackle the menace of the day without it.
* HollywoodMagnetism: Hercules employs this in ''The Magnetic Stone'' to catch Daedalus, using a magnetic stone and a large iron kettle. He throws the kettle at Daedalus, which lands on Daedalus' head, and drags him back over to him, from outside a window, ''with Daedalus flying through the air'', with the pull of the magnetic stone.
* MagicSkirt: Donned by Hercules himself, no less.
* OnceAnEpisode: After Hercules accomplishes his heroic deed, he flies off shouting "Olympi - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
** Hercules' donning his ring to retain his god-like strength also qualifies.
* RightHandCat: Daedalus' own cat, Dydo.
** Sea Witch Wilhelmina has a pet bird.
* RoguesGallery: The wizard Daedalus, the sea witch Wilhelmina, Mertus the Mask (who was invincible so long as he wore the Mask of Vulcan), General Diomedes and Otis the Chameleon Man.
* SadlyMythtaken: The mythological Daedalus was a cunning craftsman, but he wasn't really evil and certain didn't plan on conquering any part of Greece.
* StockSoundEffects: The MonsterOfTheWeek always tended to make the same noises.
* StrictlyFormula: Villain/monster appears, Hercules puts on magic ring, capture villain/beats the stuffing out of the monster, returns to Mount Olympus with a shout of "'''OLYMPIAAA..!'''"
* TagalongKid: Newton. Tewt also qualifies.
* UnEvilLaugh: Daedalus gives it his best shot, but it ends up being pretty narmy.
* VerbalTic: Newton tends to say anything twice.
* TheVoiceless: Tewt can only communicate by playing his pipes.
* VoluntaryShapeshifting: Otis the Chameleon Man could turn into anything he wanted. Not that it ever helped him beat Herc, of course.
* TheWisePrince: King Dorian wants to be this.
* TheXOfY: The show tended to do this with whatever [[MonsterOfTheWeek monster]] or [[PlotDevice magic item]] drove the plot of the episode.