-> "In the immense map of the heavens, among the billions of stars and planets, there is only one globe expensive enough to show Bluffonia, homeworld of [[TitleDrop The Bluffers!]]"
Has absolutely nothing to do with cliff faces or people who are good at card games.
''The Bluffers'' is a short-lived animated series from the mid-late 1980s that originated from the Netherlands. It received a wide distribution, and the English dub has surprisingly good lip synch.
It follows some WoodlandCreatures who live in the only patch of forest left in a [[CrapsackWorld desolate land]] known as Bluffonia, which is ruled by the nasty dictator [[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast Clandestino]]. The Bluffers, as these critters are called, are obsessed with stealing Clandestino's "Secret to Getting It All," which they hope will save their forest.
!!!This Cartoon Provides Examples Of:
* AmazingTechnicolorWildlife: The pink mouse. (Who also has a heart-shaped tail-tip!) The squirrel is blue, although [[HairColorDissonance he could be meant to be actually grey]]. And why does the bear have yellow stripes on his chest?
* AnAesop: While certain episodes may have an Anvilicious message or two, this is mostly subverted in that the entire series had an Aesop about the danger of greed that was surprisingly subtle. Until you're told about it, that is.
* AxCrazy: Prickly Pine, a hyperactive and grouchy porcupine who'd launch a volley of quills before even looking at you, can be considered a rare heroic version of this trope (scaled down for kids, of course).
* BeleagueredAssistant: Clandestino's butler Sillycone, [[NinjaPirateZombieRobot who is a robot.]] A cheerful British Robot.
* CrapsackWorld: With the exception of the one part of the forest that's still standing.
* CunningLikeAFox: Sharpey.
* CutShort: The series was canceled before they could reveal what Clandestino's secret was.
* DeadpanSnarker: Sharpey the Fox, who tries to lie, cheat, and steal like a "real fox," but [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold never seems to do it right]].
** TheHero: Zipper the Squirrel
** TheLancer: Sharpey the Fox
** TheSmartGuy: Zock (short for [[MeaningfulName "Zocrates"]]) the Owl, also TheObiWan
** TheBigGuy: Honey Boy the Bear
** TheChick: Blossom the Mouse, who even has a heart-shaped tail.
** SixthRanger: Ginsing the Goose, Psycho the Snake, Prickly Pine the Porcupine, Regal Eagle, and two rabbits who are always in the opening credits but never seem to show up other than in random musical numbers.
* GoldTooth: A lot of the show's characters seem to be having at least one of these.
* HeelFaceTurn: Glum, Clandestino's mistreated watchdog, though due to distrust on the part of the Bluffers and a desire for a warm bed he never gets to act on it aside from a few complaints.
* IneffectualSympatheticVillain: It is unclear how Clandestino managed to almost take over the entire Bluffonia.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Sharpey, again. Also Prickly Pine, being a hero as well.
* LyricalDissonance: That bouncy, friendly main theme song is calling you names. In the English version, at least.
** Though the full version heard during the ending credits subverts this - about midway, it changes into a motivational song, telling you to toughen and never give up.
* NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast: Clandestino. Subverted with shy Psycho the Snake whose name comes from his minor psychic abilities.
* TheNarrator: Gene Deitch (of ''WesternAnimation/TomAndJerry'' and ''Terrytoons'' fame) on the English dub.
* OohMeAccentsSlipping: Blossom in the English dub has a Southern Drawl. When she feels like it.
* TheOwlKnowingOne: Zocrates is not only [[NamedAfterSomebodyFamous named after an ancient Greek philosopher]], he is even dressed like a [[HollywoodHistory stereotypical ancient Greek]], complete with laurel wreath on his head. He also has a Greek column carved in the bark of his tree.
* ShesNotMyGirlfriend: As Zipper insists to the ever clingy Blossom.
* SignificantBirthDate: Clandestino was born on February 29th. One episode deals with him trying to stop time in order to make up for his "missed" birthdays and shoot fireworks all night long (which sends The Bluffers into action).
* TheSmurfettePrinciple: Blossom the Mouse's sole purpose on the show seems to be "be a girl" and "flirt with obviously annoyed Zipper", though she is the only one who takes Glum's HeelFaceTurn as genuine.
* SssssnakeTalk: Subverted with Psycho the Snake in that his speech impediment is putting silent P's in front of words starting with S. He still has a slight lisp, though.
* WoodlandCreatures: Quoth the [[Literature/HarryPotterAndTheOrderOfThePhoenix Snape]], "''Ob''viously".