''Piggsburg Pigs!'' is a forgotten little series released in 1990 by Creator/RubySpears as part of the very first season of the Creator/FoxKids block. It took place in the town of Piggsburg, [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin which as the name implies]] was inhabited by anthropormophic pigs, and focused on the adventures of the Bacon brothers Bo, Portly and Pighead, and their (pet?) duck Quackers.
They were constantly ducking the schemes of the wolves Huff and Puff to eat them for lunch, but supernatural danger would also frequently appear from the menacing swamp on the edge of town. The heavy usage of some pretty genuinely menacing monsters for a cartoon where the main characters were silly anthropomorphic animals probably explains a lot about why this show isn't more remembered.
Saw a limited Region 2 DVD release, but has yet to be seen again in the States.
* AerithAndBob: Bo, Lorelei and Dottie might be slightly unusual names, but they're real ones. Portly isn't that weird, but "Pighead"??
* ExpositoryThemeTune: Two versions. The song is the same, but one was done by a singer with a distinctly rougher voice.
* ForbiddenZone: The swamp outside town, and actually called the Forbidden Zone, even. Home to all manner of swamp monsters, evil spirits, undead and more than one MadScientist. However since every episode ended up there eventually, there was really nothing keeping anybody from going in (or out...), so the "forbidden" part seems to have been more of a suggestion.
* FullyDressedCartoonAnimal: The entire porcine cast, though their shoes were cut to resemble pig hooves. The wolves are instead [[HalfDressedCartoonAnimal Half-Dressed Cartoon Animals]].
* HarmlessVillain: Huff and Puff, who were there mainly to keep the episodes from getting too scary.
* HurricaneOfPuns: Every pig-related bit of wordplay they could come up with.
* MonsterOfTheWeek: The plot was always driven by some supernatural evil escaping the ForbiddenZone, [[MoodWhiplash which is kind of an unexpected choice for a cartoon about talking pigs]].
* NoOntologicalInertia: At the beginning of one episode a vampire brings the eponymous Vampire Dogs From Mars to life from a movie at a drive-in. When the vampire's destroyed at the end of the episode the dogs turn into a poster for the movie.
* RichBitch: Male example with Rembrandt Proudpork.
* SwissArmySuperpower: Quackers was often used as a replacement for whatever tool the pigs needed to get out of the current problem, from a harpoon to a squirt gun to an outboard motor. One of the more common (and weird) uses he was put to was having a flashlight shoved in his bill with the pigs then walking around holding him up by the feet.
* TheyCalledMeMad: The FreudianExcuse used by Dr. Sargasso in "[[BrainTransplant Pighead's Brain]]".
* UnusuallyUninterestingSight: There were a couple episodes such as "Pighead's Brain" and "Mystery of the Swamp Mansion" with human characters who never thought anything at all of meeting anthropomorphic pigs or vice versa. A few times [[InterspeciesRomance the guys pigs were shown being attracted to beautiful human women]], with the girl pigs getting jealous of the beautiful human women too.
* VileVillainSaccharineShow: As noted the talking pigs are pretty typical of most FunnyAnimal fare, but each episode ends up being about some monster or other that's portrayed as menacing as they could get away with on a Saturday morning cartoon.