''Piggsburg Pigs'' is a forgotten little series released in 1990 by Creator/RubySpears. It took place in the town of Piggsburg, [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin which as the name implies]] was inhabited by anthroporphic pigs, and focused on the bizarre misadventures of the Bacon brothers Bo, Portly and Pighead, and their pet duck Quackers.
They were constantly ducking the schemes of the wolves Huff and Puff to eat them for lunch, but danger would also frequently appear from the menacing swamp on the edge of town. The heavy usage of some pretty genuinely menacing monsters for a cartoon where the main characters were silly anthropomorphic animals ([[ScrewedByTheNetwork as well as how it kept being shuffled in and out of Fox's lineup to make room for other shows]]) probably explains a lot about why this show isn't more remembered.
Saw a limited Region 2 DVD release, but has yet to be seen again in the States.
* ForbiddenZone: The swamp outside town, and actually called the Forbidden Zone, even. Home to all manner of swamp monsters, evil spirits, undead and more than one MadScientist. However since every episode ended up there eventually, there was really nothing keeping anybody from going in (or out...), so the "forbidden" part seems to have been more of a suggestion.
* HarmlessVillain: Huff and Puff, who were there mainly to keep the episodes from getting too scary.
* HurricaneOfPuns: Every pig-related bit of wordplay they could come up with.
* MonsterOfTheWeek: The plot was always driven by some supernatural evil escaping the ForbiddenZone, which is kind of an unexpected choice for a cartoon about talking pigs.
* RichBitch: Male example with Rembrandt Proudpork.
* SwissArmySuperpower: Quackers was often used as a replacement for whatever tool the pigs needed to get out of the current problem from a harpoon to a squirt gun to an outboard motor. One of the more common (and weird) uses he was put to was having a flashlight shoved in his bill with the pigs then walking around holding him up by the feet.
* TheyCalledMeMad: The FreudianExcuse used by Dr. Sargasso in "[[BrainTransplant Pighead's Brain]]".
* UnusuallyUninterestingSight: There were a couple episodes with human characters who never thought anything at all of meeting anthropomorphic pigs or vice versa. A few times [[InterspeciesRomance the guys pigs were shown being attracted to beautiful human women]], with the girl pigs getting jealous of the beautiful human women too.