%% Image selected per Image Pickin' thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=1384372290004092500
%% Please do not replace or remove without starting a new thread.
->''"Catch the action! Catch the mystery! On my show! The ''best'' show! ''Mister T!''"''
In TheEighties, the company Creator/RubySpears (the creators of ''WesternAnimation/RubikTheAmazingCube'') decided that Creator/MrT was cool enough to get his own AnimatedAdaptation. ''Mister T'' is the result.
In this cartoon, Mr. T is a gymnastics coach who travels the world fighting crime and solving mysteries with his team of young gymnasts. HilarityEnsues, [[SoBadItsGood not really intentionally.]] Each episode had a live action clip of Mr. T shown at the beginning, where he would tell the kids about the situation, and another at the end where he would tell the [[AndKnowingIsHalfTheBattle moral lesson]] that went with it.
The show ran from 1983 to 1986, and had 30 episodes. Website/TheAgonyBooth [[http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Mister_T/ has several full recaps of some of the most bizarre episodes of the series.]]
!!!Tropes used by the series:
* AndKnowingIsHalfTheBattle: It actually had Mr. T ''himself'' -- filmed in live-action -- giving the lesson. "Take it from me, Mr. T!"
-->"Yeah, T! As in trials! Tribulations! And trouble! Which is what you gonna get, if you don't find that pass!"
* BluffTheImpostor: With Mr. T and his robot double.
* CatchPhrase: Each character had one. "Take it from me, Mr. T." and of course "I pity the fool!" for Mr T, Ms. Bisby has "Oh my stars and garters!", Robin has "What the hairy heck?" and Jeff has "My eagle eyes even amaze me!"
* CoolPet: Dozer, [[RefugeInAudacity a dog who shares Mr. T's hairstyle!]]
* MindControl: In "Mystery of the Mind Thieves"
* NotHimself: Kim's dad after being under MindControl.
* NotQuiteStarring: A strange version in which Mr. T actually ''does'' appear, and giving AnAesop, too.
* PunnyName: A bulldog named Dozer
* RingOfFire: In "The Fortune Cookie Caper."
* RobotMe: Mr. T had one in an episode.
* RuleOfCool: The show runs on it.
** Just look at the TitleSequence. Mr. T spins an alligator around above his head, for one example.
** Heck, he even [[CrowningMomentofAwesome punches a shark.]]
*** The ''Series/SaturdayNightLive'' parody (with Tracy Morgan voicing Mr. T) replaced the alligator with Creator/StevenSpielberg.
* UsefulNotes/SanFrancisco: The heroes' base.
* ScaryBlackMan: Mr. T.
* SelfRestraint: In one episode, Mr. T is arrested for theft; his friends ask why he doesn't just break out and he then proceeds to demonstrate that he could — and quite easily — but he says that he is innocent and therefore has no need to run away.
* ThereWasADoor: In an accidentally hilarious way. In one episode a door spontaneously exploded to reveal Mr. T behind it. Supposedly he kicked it down like he always does, but the animation didn't suggest any kicking at all.
* TheyCallMeMisterTibbs: "The name is Mr. T! First name is Mister, middle name is that period, last name is T!"
* TheyFightCrime: And solve mysteries!
* UncattyResemblance: Dozer the bulldog has Mr. T's mohawk.