%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
%% Image selected per Image Pickin' thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=1384372290004092500
%% Please do not replace or remove without starting a new thread.
->''"Catch the action! Catch the mystery! On my show! The ''best'' show! ''Mister T!''"''
In TheEighties, the company Creator/RubySpears (the creators of ''WesternAnimation/RubikTheAmazingCube'') decided that Creator/MrT was cool enough to get his own AnimatedAdaptation. ''Mister T'' is the result.
In this cartoon, Mr. T is a gymnastics coach who travels the world fighting crime and solving mysteries with his team of young gymnasts. HilarityEnsues, [[SoBadItsGood not really intentionally.]] Each episode had a live action clip of Mr. T shown at the beginning, where he would tell the kids about the situation, and another at the end where he would tell the [[AndKnowingIsHalfTheBattle moral lesson]] that went with it.
The show ran from 1983 to 1986, and had 30 episodes. Website/TheAgonyBooth [[http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Mister_T/ has several full recaps of some of the most bizarre episodes of the series.]]
!!!Tropes used by the series:
* AdultFear: In one episode, Spike and some other kids are abducted for purposes never gone into, but he helps one girl escape while he is recaptured. She finds some adults who refer her to a police officer. Bad thing is, one of the abductors posed as a cop to lure her and others in. The looks on their faces as she asks tearfully 'Is He A Real Policeman?' bring the horror home.
* AndKnowingIsHalfTheBattle: It actually had Mr. T ''himself'' -- filmed in live-action -- giving the lesson. "Take it from me, Mr. T!"
-->"Yeah, T! As in trials! Tribulations! And trouble! Which is what you gonna get, if you don't find that pass!"
* BluffTheImpostor: With Mr. T and his robot double.
* CatchPhrase: Each character had one. "Take it from me, Mr. T." and of course "I pity the fool!" for Mr T, Ms. Bisby has "Oh my stars and garters!", Robin has "What the hairy heck?" and Jeff has "My eagle eyes even amaze me!"
* CoolPet: Dozer, [[RefugeInAudacity a dog who shares Mr. T's hairstyle!]]
* ManlyTears: "Mystery of the Stranger", just before the usual live action lecture by Mr T. After Spike is rescued from kidnappers, Mr. T kneels down and embraces him, tears falling from his closed eyes.
%%* MindControl: In "Mystery of the Mind Thieves"
* NotHimself: Kim's dad after being under MindControl.
* NotQuiteStarring: A strange version in which Mr. T actually ''does'' appear, and giving AnAesop, too.
* PreferJailToTheProtagonist: "Mystery of the Stranger" deals with abducted kids. Mr. T and company track down a pair of kidnappers. Eventually, Mr. T catches one of them and with a DeathGlare, offers the kidnapper a choice: face him or go to jail. The kidnapper begs to be thrown in jail.
* PunnyName: A bulldog named Dozer
%%* RingOfFire: In "The Fortune Cookie Caper."
%%* RobotMe: Mr. T had one in an episode.
* RuleOfCool: The show runs on it.
** Just look at the TitleSequence.
** Mr. T spins an alligator around above his head, for one example. Heck, he even punches a shark.
%%* ScaryBlackMan: Mr. T.
* SelfRestraint: In one episode, Mr. T is arrested for theft; his friends ask why he doesn't just break out and he then proceeds to demonstrate that he could — and quite easily — but he says that he is innocent and therefore has no need to run away.
* SpotTheImpostor : In one episode, Spike is misled by a sophisticated scheme in which his vanished eldest sister is impersonated via technology. He finally sees through it when the faked voice calls him 'Spike'. Spike is his nickname, one he only adopted well after his sister's disappearance [[spoiler:and, though the episode never confirms this outright, her likely death.]]
* ThereWasADoor: In an accidentally hilarious way. In one episode a door spontaneously exploded to reveal Mr. T behind it. Supposedly he kicked it down like he always does, but the animation didn't suggest any kicking at all.
* TheyCallMeMisterTibbs: "The name is Mr. T! First name is Mister, middle name is that period, last name is T!"
* TheyFightCrime: And solve mysteries!
* UncattyResemblance: Dozer the bulldog has Mr. T's mohawk.