This hourlong animated special aired in March 2010 on ''Creator/AdultSwim'' [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaknik based on the real life spring break event that was once hosted in Atlanta, Georgia]].
The special tells the story of the spirit of Freaknik coming back to host the seemingly long-forgotten event that hasn't been done since the 1990s; the whole world rushes to it to join in. Among the participants is a struggling rapper crew who call themselves the Sweet Tea Mob, hoping to make a name for themselves during the event's "Battle of the Trillest". However, an Illuminati group of respected black celebrities known as "The Boule" tries to put a stop to the festivities before they get out of hand.
Notable for featuring an AllStarCast of rappers, musicians and comedians.
!!''Freaknik: The Musical'' provides the following tropes:
* AliensSpeakingEnglish: The aliens from the Mothership Connection at the end of the special. Freaknik is implied to be an alien as well.
* AttackOfTheFiftyFootWhatever: Perminator when he goes OneWingedAngel.
* AutoTune: Being played by Music/TPain, Freaknik's voice, both singing and speaking, has the "robo-tune" effect jacked UpToEleven.
* BasementDweller: Virgil roughly, living in the bottom floor of an apartment building. It's also the base of operations of the Sweet Tea Mob.
* BigEater: The leader of the Boule [[NoCelebritiesWereHarmed (an obvious Oprah Winfrey caricature)]], so much so that she makes monstrous noises during consumption.
* TheBigGuy: Big Uzi
* BigWhat: In the beginning with the Foreboding Old Dude, justified in that the voice actor is LilJon.
** Also heard when Obama steps down as president.
** And when Virgil tears the check for [[ItMakesSenseInContext a lifetime supply of money, clothes, and hos]]
--> '''Lady:''' ''"Freaknik! My baby needs a daddy!"'' ''(shot of a baby Freaknik crying)''
--> '''Freaknik:''' ''"I'MMA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, CUZ!"''
* CatchPhrase: "It's ''in'' the book!"
* TheCameo: Most of the bigger name legendary rappers that appear in the special are only given less than five minutes of screen time on average; Snoop Dogg and Lil Wayne's scene is likely the best example of this.
** Other examples are GeorgeClinton and Boosty Collins voicing themselves (albeit as strange aliens representative of themselves in some way; George Clinton's alien is a mass of his colored dreadlocks; Bootsy's alien is Bootsy's star-covered top hat with matching glasses and platform shoes/boots).
** Or maybe Lil' Jon as the Foreboding Old Dude.
* CastingGag: Kid N Play at the start of the special referencing their ''Film/HouseParty'' movies. [[spoiler:They promptly get killed off five seconds into it.]]
* CensoredForComedy: Variant; the TV cut plays all the curse words backwards.
* ClusterFBomb: It's hard for any character in this special to say a complete sentence without delving into this.
* CombinedEnergyAttack: Of love!
* CulturePolice: The Boule, in the interest of remaining in the 10% of rich, influential African Americans.
-->'''Trap Jesus:''' You think when I was nine, I wanted to trap?\\
'''Sweet Tea Mob:''' Uh, nope, no...\\
'''Trap Jesus:''' ''Hell yeah'' I did! I look around this city, see nothing but a gang of fiends on every corner of every block, and all I could think is, what a lucrative business opportunity. And ''now'' look at my swag. I'm the most ''biggest, notorious,'' dope man in the South. I'm a '''''BOSS.'''''
* DynamicEntry: The Perminator. "Craasshhhhh!"
* TheFaceOfTheSun: Let's just say that smile doesn't last long....
* FloatingLimbs: Freaknik has white-gloved hands, but no arms.
* GondorCallsForAid: The climax of the special. Gondor gets a CombinedEnergyAttack out of the deal.
* HypocriticalHumor: A pastor bursts out with "HALT! This is still a House of GOD!" when a party breaks out in his church, but then adds, with alcohol in hand and a less than subtle smirk, "Please make your way to the All-Purpose Room for the REAL party!".
* IfIWereARichMan: The Sweet Tea Mob thinking how their lives will be when they win the Battle of the Trillest.
* ImprobableAimingSkills: While S.T.M. is in New Orleans, Snoop Dogg's character randomly shoots Big Uzi in the toe of his shoe without actually hitting his foot. However, upon Uzi's complaining that his [[BerserkButton limited edition shoes are now ruined]], the thug comes back with "You want me to hit'cho FOOT next time?"
* KeepTheReward: Subverted. [[spoiler:Virgil tears up the prize check at first. Then in TheStinger, you see him and the Sweet Tea Mob trying to tape it together again.]]
* KentBrockmanNews, NewsTravelsFast, and NoFourthWall: The news report about Al Sharpton dying of an electric shock while staying at home to blow out his perm...minutes before it actually happened.
* LogicBomb: When the STM arrives in rather bright, sunny, and cheerful New Orleans, Big Uzi states "I thought the Sun never shined in the ghetto..." -- [[HilarityEnsues and a gun-totin' gangsta moon quickly solves that problem]].
* MoreDakka: The Perminator's MacrossMissileMassacre in the climax.
* TheMusical: [[ExactlyWhatitSaysonTheTin It's in the title]].
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: The Boule consists of preposterous caricatures of Oprah, Bill Cosby, and others. Subverted with Al Sharpton when the news anchor actually uses his name.
* NWordPrivileges: All over the place. Not surprising if you know that one of the creators and executive producers is Carl Jones, one of the co-executive producers of ''WesternAnimation/TheBoondocks''.
* OurGhostsAreDifferent: Apparently a sufficiently awesome party can turn into a ghost.
** And can apparently also be blown up, stomped, lasered, and somehow, killed. (did anyone else question this?)
** Also near the end, [[spoiler: it's revealed that a white woman has a baby who looks like Freaknik]].
*** It was a metaphor gone ''extremely'' literal. They "killed" (cancelled) Freaknik (the party), but couldn't kill the ''spirit'' of Freaknik... which manifested as a ghost.
** The world this show is placed in is crazy. Say the least, everyone just goes with it.
* ThePowerOfLove: Twicefold in the final act. [[spoiler:Freaknik is revived by, and proceeds to defeat the Perminator with the collective love of his fans.]]
* [[ThePowerOfRock The Power Of Rap]]
* ProperlyParanoid: Light Skin carries around a book full of conspiracy theories related to keeping the black man down and swears on it as if it were the Gospel. He turns out to be right about the Boule, not to mention the fact that [[spoiler:the Love Bomb appears in the book as well]].
* ReCut and BetterOnDVD: The DVD version not only has all the swearing intact, but also includes scenes that weren't on Cartoon Network.
* RidingTheBomb: The old dude from beginning of the special does this to a torpedo that just smoked a joint in the climax. Then he kisses it, perhaps leading to riding the bomb in a different sense.
* SayingSoundEffectsOutLoud: Crassshhh.
* ShoutOut: Too many to list!
* SimilarSquad: The Fruit Bowl Boys the Sweet Tea Mob run into at the frat house. Essentially posers (and ''very'' fruity) versions of the crew that can't rap to save their lives.
* TheSmartGuy: Light Skin.
* TheStoner: Doela man.
* ThemeMusicPowerUp: The finale, combined with ThePowerOfLove.
* ThisIsForEmphasisBitch: Used throughout, but notably used by the Perminator at the end and in Freaknik's opening song.
* VoluntaryShapeshifting: Freaknik seems to be able to do this on near Impossible Man levels.
* WeCanRebuildHim: The Rev. Al Sharpton [[spoiler:or the Perminator, as he calls himself later]] after he gets electrocuted.
* WhereDaWhiteWomenAt: Light Skin ends up falling for the Caucasian girl in the female troupe STM meets at the gas station.
* [[WhiteGangBangers White Gang Banger]]: Light Skin.
* WildTeenParty: The Sweet Tea Mob stop off at Frat House during their journey. This is pretty much Freaknik in general.
* YouAreWhatYouHate: Light Skin is so... light skinned that he is very easily mistaken for white, but he hates the white people (well, white men) and blames all his problems on them.
** And yet openly admits to being [[WhereDaWhiteWomenAt attracted to white women]].