[[caption-width:300:Felix and Chaplin, striking a pose.]]
A [[TheSilentAgeOfAnimation 1923]] short subject featuring Creator/OttoMessmer's cartoon star WesternAnimation/FelixTheCat. The short is centered around Felix as he tries to get a job in show business, and encounters some other stars of the era such as Creator/CharlieChaplin along the way.
This short was voted #50 on The50GreatestCartoons list.
This short is in the PublicDomain and can be viewed [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYQhWJKlMQ here.]]
!!!Tropes Used In This Short
* CirclingBirdies: The star variation.
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: It's Felix, and he's in Hollywood.
* ItsBeenDone: Parodied, as Felix invents what he thinks is a new act, but in reality has already been done by Creator/CharlieChaplin, who indignantly scorns Felix for alledgedly stealing his act.
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed: Charlie Chaplin's [[TheCameo cameo]].
* ShapeShifter: At one point, Felix transforms into a briefcase in order to tag along with his owner to Hollywood.
* YouJustRuinedTheShot: Although in a twist on the trope, the director actually ''likes'' Felix's interruption and gives him a contract.