Space-faring cartoon from the late 1980s, created by Mike Young[[note]]Who would later go on to form Mike Young Productions, now part of Moonscoop.[[/note]] produced by Creator/HannaBarbera.
''Fantastic Max'' follows the adventures of 16-month-old Max as he travels through space. Along for the ride is an adorable little alien doll named FX, who has magical powers to boot, and a toy robot nanny named AB-Sitter. The trio have many adventures and travel to many different planets.
''Fantastic Max'' originally aired on Sundays as part of the two-hour cartoon block ''The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera''. The first episode aired September 11, 1988, and the last new episode aired on February 1, 1990.
!!''Fantastic Max'' has examples of:
* AllJustADream[=/=]EasyAmnesia: Max is apparently capable of doing this to people via hypnosis.
* AnnoyingYoungerSibling: Max to Zoe, but the feeling goes both ways.
* BadassAdorable: Max is mighty tough for a toddler.
* BreakingTheFourthWall: Frequently. One example is an episode where all of Max's diapers are being used to plug up a hole, and AB informs Max: "This is the last of your diapers, Max. No more changing in this episode."
* ButtMonkey: AB-Sitter.
* TheCameo: [[WesternAnimation/TheJetsons George Jetson]], [[WesternAnimation/TheFlintstones the Great Gazoo]] and WesternAnimation/SpaceGhost in one episode (they were in space, in a traffic jam no less!).
* CatchPhrase: Max's "Dirty Diapers!" when anything goes wrong.
** Also, FX's "Rocket and Roll!" when activating his powers.
*** His cousin XS uses "Rock 'Em and Sock 'Em!", keeping in line with his aggressive bully personality.
* [[TrouserSpace Diaper Space]]
* EvenEvilHasStandards: "I may not be as bad as I wished, there's no way I'd let a baby get squished!"
* FreeRangeChildren: Taken UpToEleven, as we're talking about a show where Max, a self-proclaimed "space baby", spends much of his time traveling across the galaxy. On the other hand, it's always when Mom and Dad (and Zoe for the most part) aren't looking. Still, he does have an AB-Sitter. So not like he's not being supervised.
* HufflepuffHouse: The girl from the day care center in the episode ''All in a Babe's Work''.[[note]]Magic, the other baby in the episode, had a lot more lines than the girl, who barely had any.[[/note]]
* ImprobableWeaponUser: Max uses a diaper and safety pin, if the theme song is to be believed.
* PantyShot: Zoe, pretty much every time she's on screen. One notable exception is "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsyM46s1728 Boo Who?]]".
* RhymesOnADime: Dumping Jack Trash lives for this.
** SubvertedRhymeEveryOccasion: does this occasionally as well.
* RobotBuddy: AB (although he's really more of a substitute parent)
* SpaceJews: In one episode. Max and friends run into a group of thieving, flamboyant, swarthy (but in the end, helpful) alien con artists who literally refer to themselves as [[RunningGag "(Ha, HA!) Space Gypsies!"]].
* Theatre/TheDesertSong: "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GwiZT49r4 Guess Who's Coming to Dinar]]" is a sendup of ''Desert Song'' plus various ArabianNightsDays standards.
* UniquePilotTitleSequence: The 1986 pilot was called ''Space Baby'' and had an ExpositoryThemeTune that said it was "A strange and scary story/'Bout a baby known as Max/Who got lost at Cape Canaveral/When his parents turned their backs!"