[[caption-width-right:235:Clockwise from the left: Amber, Dink, Scat, Crusty, Shyler and Flapper.]]
One of the [[TheEighties 1980s]] [[AnimatedSeries cartoon series]] that no one seems to remember, ''Dink the Little Dinosaur'' is the story of a young apatosaur named Dink and his friends Amber (a corythosaur), Scat (a compsognathus... [[CartoonCreature maybe]]), Shyler (an edaphosaur), and Flapper (a pteranodon), who live in the peaceful Mesozoic paradise of Green Meadow and learn [[AnAesop important life lessons]] from an old turtle --[[NonMammalianHair with hair]]-- named Crusty. The series depicts the characters' childhood shenanigans and their scuffles with the [[CarnivoreConfusion evil carnivore]] [[TyrannosaurusRex Tyrannor]].
[[WesternAnimation/TheLandBeforeTime Hey, wait a minute...!!]]
The series has been uploaded to Website/YouTube.
!!This series contains examples of:
* BigEater - Scat
* BloodlessCarnage - Shockingly ''averted'' in the fourth episode of the series, entitled ''White Beauty''. A dinosaur that has been [[FantasticRacism outcast from society]] gets into a fight with Tyrannor, and Amber runs off to get help. When the gang comes back to the scene of the battle, there's a ''trail of blood'' that they follow to where the dinosaur is hiding out.
* CarnivoreConfusion - Interestingly, the main group features two carnivores: Flapper and Scat.
** There's also an episode entitled ''The Gentle Hunter'', which could be renamed "Carnivore Confusion: the Dramatization".
** Well, pterosaurs aren't generally thought of as predators, and Scat is at the very least omnivorous as he is shown chasing some "honey fruit" in the first episode.
* CoolUncle: Flapper's never seen Uncle Longbeak.
* DumbDinos: Follows the "herbivores are sapient, meat eaters are not" variant (at least any meat eaters who eat meat, with the exception of the "scavengers").
* FearlessFool: Flapper very rarely shows any fear. This usually leads to him getting very badly injured.
* HulkSpeak: Scat
* InformedSpecies: Scat is apparently a ''Compsognathus'', but looks more like a lizard or really tiny crocodile. Maybe he is a [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrisuchus Terrestrisuchus]]?
* InterspeciesRomance - Implied between Dink and Amber, from time to time.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero - In the episode Tar Troubles, despite Crusty's warning to leave it alone, Dink insists on trying to stop a tar flow in the valley. He and his friends inadvertently wind up setting half the valley on fire.
* PteroSoarer: Flapper in spades; he has batlike wings, lives in a decidedly birdlike nest, is bipedal, has grasping talons and even folds his wings like a bird when he walks (something that would be impossible for a real life pterosaur of any species). At least he's toothless and has a short tail. Additionally, the series often featured predatory, villainous pterosaurs referred to simply as "scavengers" ([[InformedAttribute despite the fact that they're always seen hunting the protagonists rather than actually scavenging]]) that look vaguely like [[ToothyBird toothy azhdarchids]].
* RampageFromANail - Dink and his friends once helped a really huge dinosaur with that problem.
* SeldomSeenSpecies: The show features these surprisingly often. For starters, Shyler appears to be either an ''Edaphosaurus'' or an ''Ouranosaurus''.
* ShrinkingViolet: Shyler.
* StockDinosaurs - They are all present.
* ToothyBird: Averted with Flapper. Played straight with the "scavengers".
* UnfortunateName - Dink and Scat.