[[caption-width-right:300:Chris and the Goop-Mandos (season 1)]]
''Creepy Crawlers'' was an animated series by Saban Entertainment that ran from 1994 to 1995. It was loosely based on a toy line that revolved around molding plastic into insects. The show was about a boy named Chris Carter. He spends his days working in a magic shop run by Professor Googenrime, an old magician who wishes to gain true magic powers to get back at the magicians that laughed at him. Chris experiments with a Magic Maker to help with business, but accidentally creates insectoid heroes called the Goop-Mandos (Hocus Locust, Tick-Trick-Tick, and Volt Jolt). Googengrime, however, takes the Magic Maker and uses it to create horrible creatures called Crime Grimes. Chris teams up with the Goop-Mandos to foil Googengrime's schemes in every episode. During the course of the show, a few other Goop-Mandos joined: Sting Ring, Commantis, T-4, and Fire Eyes.
* AttackOfThe50FootWhatever: Several of the Crime Grimes were huge. There was also one occasion where Googengrime himself became gigantic after being exposed to the goop used to create the Goop-Mandoes and the Crime Grimes.
* AlliterativeName: Chris Carter.
* BigBad: Professor Googengrime.
* BigEater: Tick-Trick-Tick (T-3 for short!)
* ButtMonkey: Chris Carter. While the Goop-Mandos are well-meaning, they tend to cause a lot of trouble for him (they stole his brother's car and ate his homework, to name but two).
* TheDragon: Spooky Goopy.
* FreudianExcuse: Professor Googengrime wanted to get back at the magicians that laughed at him when he botched a magic trick.
* HeelFaceTurn: Commantis originally was on Googengrime's side, but later joined the Goop-Mandoes.
* HourOfPower: The Goop-mandos' powers came from a bulb full of slime in their stomachs. When it had all dripped to the bottom, they were powerless had to hang upside down and let it drip to the top again to get their powers back.
* InstantAwesomeJustAddNinja: The idea with Commantis.
* TheMerch / MerchandiseDriven: ''Creepy Crawlers'' is an unusual example. On the one hand, the show is an advertisement for the Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker (the show's "Magic Maker" IS the Thingmaker), but on the other hand, the show had its own action figure line, with no connection to the actual toy.
** Some of the toys came with a mold for the oven to make accessories for the figures.
* MonsterOfTheWeek: A lot of the Crime Grimes were essentially this, although the show wasn't adverse to reusing the same monsters either.
* NamesTheSame: [[TheXFiles Chris Carter]].
* NiceJobFixingItVillain: In the season two opener, Professor Googengrime tried to kill the Goop-Mandos with super-goop, but it instead enhanced their powers, made them stronger, [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking and changed their color schemes]].
* PunnyName: Professor Guggengrime/Googengrime's name is a pun on Guggenheim (as in the Guggenheim Museum).
* SpellMyNameWithAnS: In the action figure line based on the show, Googengrime's name was spelled "Guggengrime".