->''Stickin' together we can make it!\\
Nothing can stop us we can't go wrong!\\
We can be tough, yes, we can take it!\\
We care a lot and we will be strong''
'''''Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation''''' is the second theatrical film in the ''Franchise/CareBears'' franchise.
This film has a different continuity than the first movie and the specials. The Care Bears and Care Bears Cousins grew up together, but were pursued as children by a malevolent entity known as Dark Heart. He later finds a young, ambitious, and very bitter girl named Christy, and he promises to fulfill her wishes in return for help if he should ever ask. He then gets frustrated in pursuit of the Care Bears, but then uses Christy to have her pretend to need help from the Care Bears so that he can capture them. Eventually Christy's two best friends, John, and Dawn who had been helping the Care Bears, talk Christy into joining them to stop Dark Heart, even if it costs them their lives.
!!''Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation'' provides examples of the following tropes:
* AdultsAreUseless: In this case, completely absent.
* [[spoiler:AudienceParticipation]]: See ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve below for details.
* ChekhovsSkill: Christy's marble shooting. It is somewhat shoehorned in at the beginning as being the only thing she is good at, then at the critical moment during the climax she shoots a marble that somehow dislodges the chain holding up the imprisoned Care Bears which then falls and releases them.
* ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve: [[spoiler:The Bears and Cousins [[NoFourthWall exhort the audience]] to chant "We care!" along with them to save Christy, who made a HeroicSacrifice. Even the [[HeelFaceTurn repentant villain]] Dark Heart breaks down and joins in, and not only saves her, he winds up becoming [[BecomeARealBoy a nice human boy]].]] Reviewer Hal Lipper referred to this as the "Tinker Bell Principle" in his review of the movie.
* ContinuitySnarl: Exactly how this movie -- and it's an OriginStory -- fits in with the first ''Care Bears Movie'' as [[WMG/TheCareBears a prime source of tongue-in-cheek]] FanWank. Most likely the first movie is in same continuity as the two 1980's specials and the [=DiC=] show, and the second movie[=/=]Nelvana series is either an AlternateContinuity.
* CollapsingLair: [[spoiler:Dark Heart's lair after he becomes human.]]
* CrystalPrison: What Dark Heart traps the bears in.
* CurtainsMatchTheWindow: Dark Heart before his HeelFaceTurn.
* DealWithTheDevil: Christy strickes a deal with Dark Heart, she becomes "camp champ" in exchange for a future unnamed favor.
* DisneyDeath: [[spoiler: Christy]]
* TheDragon: Christy, due to her deal.
* EvilCannotComprehendGood: After Christy saves Dark Heart from drowning he questions why she would.
* EvilRedhead: Dark Heart, in his human form (or any form that has fur/hair).
* HatePlague: Rogue campers run around uprooting trees and snickering evilly after Darkheart begins to kidnap the bears. Wether he is influencing the camp directly by being there or the camp is only one of many places suffering from the loss of the Care Bears in unknown.
* HeelFaceTurn: Dark Heart, [[spoiler:after he realizes his feelings for Christy to save her]].
* KidsAreCruel: The other campers treat Dawn, John, and Christy like crap for not being good at sports, verbally abusing them and making them do all the chores.
* LoveRedeems: Or caring redeems, but [[spoiler:Dark Heart became Christy's friend (after she saved his life), and he felt so bad about nearly killing her, that it drove the evil out of him]].
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Dark Heart after seeing that he accidentally zapped Christy.
* NotSoDifferent: The EstablishingCharacterMoment for the camp is pretty much the other campers who win at the sports treating Christy, Dawn, and John like crap for coming in last. What happens when Christy starts winning? Shes ''does the same thing'' to the others, with the exception of [[PetTheDog Dawn and John]].
* OneWingedAngel: Dark Heart turns into a big ol' heap of SuperSmoke.
* RedemptionDemotion: [[spoiler:Dark Heart]] loses all his powers and becomes a normal human when he turns good.
* RedEyesTakeWarning: Dark Heart in human form. [[spoiler:Them turning normal is the first sign that he's turned into a real human]].
* SealedGoodInACan: The Care Bears are trapped in crystals of a chandellier until Christy frees them.
* ShoutOut: Dark Heart's rescuing of Christy from her DisneyDeath is reminiscent to the 1953 film Disney/PeterPan where the eponymous character uses a similar method to save Tinkerbell.
* SlipperySwimsuit: During the end with everyone having fun in a lake, Grumpy's swimsuit winds up falling off after he makes a splash.
* VileVillainSaccharineShow: Dark Heart
* VillainousFriendship : Dark Heart and Christy.
* WhatMeasureIsANonHuman: Strangely applied, but it leads to a HeelFaceTurn. (At one point provided the page quote)
-->"[[ArcWords Good or bad, you're still a person.]]"