Bump in the Night was a StopMotion animated series, lasting from September, 1994 to December, 1995. Covers the adventures of Mr. Bumpy (Creator/JimCummings), a small green monster living under the bed of a 10 year old boy, and his friends Squishington (RobPaulsen), a blue monster that lives in the bathroom's toilet tank, and Miss Molly Coddle (former ''SaturdayNightLive'' cast member Gail Matthius [[hottip:*: Matthius was a member of the notoriously awful sixth season, which lasted from November 1980 to March 1981]]), the comfort doll who belongs to the boy's sister.
!!''BumpInTheNight'' provides examples of:
* AIIsACrapshoot: Destructo.
* BigBadEnsemble: Destructo and the Closet Monster are both threats to Mr. Bumpy and his friends, but they seldom work together and have different methods - Destructo only harms those that break the rules and the Closet Monster is just a mindless beast. There were also some episodes where Bumpy and friends were menaced by alien duo Sleemoth and Gloog, who tried to conquer Earth in each of their appearances.
* TheBusCameBack: Little Robot in the episode "Made In Japan II".
* ChristmasEpisode: An hour-long Christmas special was made at the end of the series' run.
* EldritchAbomination: The Closet Monster, which is a living pile of clothes, would be this from the characters' point of view.
* TheFaceless: We never see the faces of the family of four that lives in the house the series takes place, even when Bumpy and friends directly interact with them.
** In a more literal sense, there was also an episode where Squishington lost his face after scrubbing it with the bathroom towel.
* FluffyTamer: Molly.
* FountainOfYouth: Not good for a [[ChildHater baby hater]].
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: In "I Got Needs", after encountering a trio of rhyming Vikings, Squishington asks them if they "knew the one about the man from Nantucket".
** There were also some occasions where Mr. Bumpy would use the word "bump" as an expletive.
** On "Dr. Coddle, MD," The first thing Squishington says when he wakes up from being given mouth-to-mouth by Molly Coddle: "Doctor Molly, Not here...there are people ''watching''."
* HumanPopsicle: Subverted
* LivingToys: Molly
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters: Aside from the main cast of Mr. Bumpy, Squishington, and Molly Coddle, there's also Destructo, the Closet Monster, the Cute Dolls, Germ Girl, aliens Sleemoth and Gloog, Little Robot, Phil Silverfish, Odiferous J. Stench, etc.
* MediumAwareness: Bumpy often expresses how he knows he's in a cartoon.
* MindScrew: In "Farewell, 2 Arms" Molly goes mad with power and replaces all her parts. Soon Squishington finds Molly's original parts and puts them back together, bringing back the normal Molly. So in the end there are two dolls that both have Molly's mind at the same time.
* PaperThinDisguise: Mr. Bumpy has used a few of these before. He once messed with Destructo by disguising himself as Molly Coddle (who Destructo had a crush on at the time). On another occasion, Bumpy tried to avoid being punished for allegedly stealing Molly's feet by disguising himself as Squishington's "Cousin Bela".
* SchmuckBait: The closet monster repeatedly uses dirty socks to bait Mr. Bumpy into his range and eat him. He ''always'' falls for it by pulling off a narrow escape.
* ShoutOut: The episode "Night of the Living Bread", whose title is a ShoutOut to ''NightOfTheLivingDead''. At the end of the episode, they list a number of sequels, all of which are bread-based puns on other horror film titles. There were also many other nods in the series, such as Bumpy referencing MortalKombat in one episode.
* StockFootage: Not a single episode doesn't use footage from another. Hell, some even use footage from episodes that don't air until later, which makes it confusing as to what was done first in the show's production.
* TakeThat: In one episode, Squishington loses his face. While drawing a new face as a temporary replacement, Mr. Bumpy says to him that if he makes one small mistake, he'll look like Ross Perot. Incidentally, the replacement face drawn is a simple smiley face.
* TalkingToHimself: Jim Cummings (who voices both Mr. Bumpy and Destructo).
* TeamMom: Molly, as a comfort doll, gets a lot of her enjoyment out of comforting the various inhabitants of the room.
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Socks for Mr Bumpy.
* VillainSong: "I'm Bigger Than You", a song by Destructo in one of the Karaoke Cafe segments.
* WildTake: A staple of the show, especially from Bumpy.