A Portuguese-to-English Shounen-style webcomic by the artist known as Felipe Marcantonio.
Two young dragons from the planet Gan-Mah, named Rocky and Alfred, are stowing away on a space ship to convince the leader of their planet, Emporer Krad, to abort this resource-wasting mission.
Instead, they end up having to contend with a criminal bruiser named Crusher and a whole host of robotic warriors.
Forced to flee the ship, they end up crash-landing on our planet, Earth.
Meanwhile, in the nearby city of San Janery, a young girl named Renata wakes up after having a vivid dream about a dragon. Convinced that it was just a dream, she goes about her normal day, fails at a surprise exam, and ends up getting ambushed by the neighborhood hoodlums, where she proceeds to [[BadassNormal kick their asses with her self-defense training.]]
However, one of the thugs pulls out a knife. Not prepared to fight against sharp weaponry, Renata flees to a nearby alleyway, ending up in a dead-end.
Just went she thinks she's done for, the thug is scared off by the appearance of a "giant lizard." Renata realizes that it's the dragon from her dream, and at first, she is terrified... until the dragon extends his hand in peace.
Thus do the adventures of ''X Dragoon'' begin.
You can read this webcomic [[http://www.xdragoon.com Here]]
Tropes in this webcomic:
* ActionGirl: Thais is the wife of a famous wrestler and she shows it.
* [[spoiler: AntiVillain: Emporer Krad's entire goal for flying to Earth and seeking the [=XGem=] is to bring his late wife back to life.]]
* [[AerithandBob Aerith and Bob]]: You have Rocky and Alfred and Berry and Emperor Krad and Renata and Illusion...
* BadassNormal: Renata to an extent, though she is still just a schoolgirl who knows self defense martial arts. This doesn't prevent her from disabling a dragon 10x her size with a [[GroinAttack cheap shot]], though.
** Also Thais. Despite showing up late in the comic, she's proven that her fighting skills are on par with the dragons, sans the ability to manipulate energy.
* BarefootCartoonAnimal: Several of the dragons. The rest of them [[TheOneWhoWearsShoes wear]] [[FullyDressedCartoonAnimal sandals]].
* BerserkButton: The characters have a few.
** Do not tease Philip about his lips if you value your life.
** Do not call Alfred short. Just don't, please.
*** Averted in that Alfred's "width" is actually a pride point of his. Teasing him about this results in an InsultBackfire.
* ColorCodedCharacters: Each dragon is a completely different color, from the blue Rocky to the purple Alfred to the red Philip to the orange Berry.
** Taken UpToEleven with [[spoiler: Rocky and Richer; with the exception of eye color, all Chosen Bearers of the [=XGem=] look the same.]]
* [[spoiler: DecemberDecemberRomance: Between Master Fei and Natasha.]]
* FanGirl: Ms. Cristina is this for dragons. To a very scary level. She got uber-obsessive over a chibi SKETCH of one.
* FanService: Chapter 16, page 32, duh. Marina bathing.
* FauxActionGirl: Barely Averted. Though Renata's a BadassNormal who gets captured or rendered useless a few times, she's not an action girl.
* HeelFaceTurn: Phillip, after Berry told him about Krad's real reason for coming to Earth. There are two others in the later Casulo arc, both of whom are [[AndroclesLion Androcles Lions]].
* KamehameHadoken: Rocky's Burst Spark is this, though any dragon with sufficient training can fire their energy, often with vastly different manifestations, including flower petals.
* MacGuffin: The [=XGem=]. A powerful artifact from Gan-Mah that acts like a power amplifier, not to mention a few abilities of its own, including a [[spoiler: crystalline SuicideAttack]].
* MamasBabyPapasMaybe: [[spoiler: Rocky]], to the point where his father [[spoiler: murdered his mother]] and [[AbusiveParent abused him physically and verbally]] until he finally abandoned him.
* MarshmallowHell: Ms. Cristina subjects Rocky to this several times. He quickly gains a phobia of her excessive bosom.
** Alfred, meanwhile, thinks of this as Marshmallow Heaven and has admitted he would not mind dying in this way.
* MechaMooks: Dr. Scar built quite a few of these for Krad.
* [[spoiler: TheMole: Turns out, Dr. Scar was actually a Morph, and had been manipulating Krad from the beginning.]]
* OohMeAccentsSlipping: Lance starts with a very heavy pirate accent (in the English version, at least) which quickly diminishes from that point onward until he's speaking mostly normally with the occasional archaic English word.
* OurDragonsAreDifferent: In this universe, they are bipedal creatures with many different features and can manipulate their own energy.
** Combined with [[spoiler:ForHalloweenIAmGoingasMyself when Rocky's "costume" is considered awesome... except that it doesn't have wings.]]