''[[http://www.abominable.cc/ The Abominable Charles Christopher]]'' is an ongoing, Eisner award winning, webcomic series starring an Abominable Snowman, supported by a surprisingly rich cast of animal characters. The comic's world is rendered in a realistic style, along with all the personal styling that adds emotion to the characters who populate it. The main story arc following Charles' journey to an unclear destination occasionally shifts to soft, comedic glimpses of forest life.
!!''The Abominable Charles Christopher'' contains examples of:
* AnimalisticAbomination: [[http://abominable.cc/post/74976054030/humbaba Humbaba]].
* ArmorPiercingQuestion: "A better question, ''Vivol,'' is... why are you ''inside'' yours?"
--> [[http://abominable.cc/post/44168101873/i-am-the-wind "Are you the wind?" "Yup."]]
* BerserkButton: Charles does ''not'' like bear traps. Or anything that even vaguely resembles one. Like a lion's jaws. We ''dare'' you to kick an already dead animal in the presence of Charles. Just ''try'' !
* BreatherEpisode: There are usually two or three comedic strips focusing on the forest animals interspersed with the usually heavier strips focusing on Charles.
* ButtMonkey: The father bird.
* ByTheBookCop: Luga.
* CalvinBall: The game the otters watch.
* CuteMute: Moon bear.
--> '''Rabbit:''' [[http://abominable.cc/post/98320448635/guest-strip-s-q-schwartz You know, I've always wondered,]] how do you tell the difference between a newt and a salamander?\\
'''Newt:''' The differences are pretty subtle. We newts tend to have rougher skin and spend most of our adult lives in water, while salama-\\
'''Salamander: I am the eater of starlight. I begin with the spark and end in ash. I, dear rabbit, am [[ElementalEmbodiment fire embodied.]]'''
* JigsawPuzzlePlot: There definitely is a major plot (and a couple of intriguing sub-plots) in motion, but the precise details remain hard to pin down due to the extremely enigmatic nature of some of the entities involved.
* NoIndoorVoice: The human King. As evidenced by his SQUARE speech bubbles.
* PhysicalGod: The Lion and the Raven. And possibly the Moon Bear. Although she might be an [[OurAngelsAreDifferent angel.]]
* SceneryPorn: All the strips are incredibly well drawn and detailed.
* SchizoTech: There are metal traps and the first weapon seen is a rifle...but the human city Charles approaches has a working portcullis and the first human (at least we think it's human) we see is armed with swords.
* ShoutOut: There is a troupe of forest animals that performs a number of human plays and movies, from Film/TheGodfather to ''Theatre/WestSideStory''. [[http://abominable.cc/post/47699625240/the-cedar-forest-players-present-the-godfather Example!]]
* ShutUpHannibal: The human king Gilgamesh gives one to the [[EldritchAbomination monstrous]] Humbaba via a [[http://abominable.cc/post/77211429029/sticks-and-stones stalactite to the eye]].
** [[http://abominable.cc/post/49435790799/3-to-courage To]] ''TabletopGame/DungeonsAndDragons''.
** Possibly to psychiatrists, as the one in the comic is a cockroach, as previously mentioned.
** [[http://abominable.cc/post/51068415738/landing-pad You know, just chillin' on the bear trap.]]
** When the bee ''tells you not to try it,'' [[http://abominable.cc/post/44165191073/bee-sting-of-defeat you should listen.]]
* TheGrimReaper: The Raven
* ThirdPersonPerson: Vivol usually refers to himself in the third person.
** There have been a few dark notes here and there in the main story up to this point but [[http://abominable.cc/post/44172343238/bang nothing]] [[http://abominable.cc/post/44172446195/precious-in-his-sight like]] [[http://abominable.cc/post/44172484901/its-not-going-to-stop this]]. [[spoiler:oh, poor Townsen.]]
** In a different way, [[http://abominable.cc/post/44295748631/dig Dig!]] and [[http://abominable.cc/post/44295769304/fraternity Fraternity]]. [[spoiler:In part because the audience is hoping so very hard for the above to be undone.]]
* WholePlotReference:[[spoiler:Quite possibly with the Epic of Gilgamesh. Besides the modern city-state, the human king is actually called Gilgamesh, and Charles Christopher has been sent to stop him, just like Enkidu (another half-man/half-beast character) had been in the original story.]]